PDA

View Full Version : 2 planets with same name

wrestless
09-01-2013, 07:17 AM
In my current game (ver. 1.021) there are two planets called Kon. There is Kon (Fringe) in the Sollus system and Kon (Shadow) in the Syrman system. It would be less confusing if a planet name could occur only once in each galaxy.

Tyrax Lightning
09-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Agreed. I wonder if us Forumites could cough up more Planet Names to assist in this matter...? :D

Some ideas from me:

Gorn
Quark
Rom
Nog
Martok
Zaidelle
Mogue
Picard
Riker
Troy
LaForge

... Okay, this might be harder than I thought. :p

ScrObot
09-01-2013, 04:08 PM
On a tangential note, could the system names be modified so they all have at least, say, 5 characters? There are some system names that are only 3 characters, and if you have 4+ races within that sector the color coding on the name is lacking. :)

Bluddy
09-01-2013, 07:45 PM
On a tangential note, could the system names be modified so they all have at least, say, 5 characters? There are some system names that are only 3 characters, and if you have 4+ races within that sector the color coding on the name is lacking. :)

For an easy solution, how about extending the system name with underscores -- as many as are needed to fit all the colors?

Tyrax Lightning
09-02-2013, 12:39 PM
For an easy solution, how about extending the system name with underscores -- as many as are needed to fit all the colors?
Eww... ugly. :(

Bluddy
09-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Eww... ugly. :(

Didn't say it was a pretty solution. In general, I'm not crazy about the amount of ASCII that's used in the maps (*,!,$) and would rather have proper icons, though as is often the case in ASCII, it communicates a lot with very little (and is easy to implement).