PDA

View Full Version : 1.021 - Unsolvable quest

DrIstvaan
09-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I got the quest from Drakk to resurrect a race. I'm at the third stage (colonizing a planet) and have every intention to solve this quest, as this is about the only chance (however small it may be) I have of losing ANOTHER sector with military loss because of Overlord's rise to power and a sudden, long streak of bad luck (not Galactic Karma, many things together) for the race I'm allied with.
However, the quest says to colonize a planet in the Wazn system for the race to be resurrected, but I can't find it in the designated system - it's literally not there. See attached screenshots.

Is there anything to do other than accepting the fact that I won't be able to solve this quest and, consequently, probably lose another sector?

Tyrax Lightning
09-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I've encountered the same thing, & have sent Shadow a Save File in the hopes of helping to resolve this Bug. You should send Shadow a Save File too if ya are still at this point. It might help Shadow find the Bug to fix it.

DrIstvaan
09-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Thanks, I think I'll do that - I haven't proceeded with that ship in the hope that there's a way to solve this quest yet (maybe the planet's in another sector?).

CaptainWinky
09-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I posted about this one in the IotA forum a while back. I've run into this bug a lot because I go out of my way to do the resurrect quests, hoping to unlock as many subraces as I can. From what I've noticed, if the planet isn't in the specified system, I will end up finding it much later and being unable to colonize it. Once I also had a race ask me to colonize a planet that was already occupied when I began the sector.

You can hang on to the colony module and keep looking but don't be surprised if you find it and it won't let you colonize it.

Semi-related: when you do get a valid planet in a valid system to colonize, it meets the requirements of the race that gave you the quest but not always the race that is being resurrected. Fringe once gave me a resurrection quest and sent me to a gas planet to colonize it. Problem is, the new race was Brunt Pirates who had no way of surviving there. Their resurrection was short and horrific.

DrIstvaan
09-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your response and explanation.

You can hang on to the colony module and keep looking but don't be surprised if you find it and it won't let you colonize it.

Well, it takes up a Heavy component slot, and while I can manage without the Helical Railgun placed there normally (EM shockwave is one badass weapon), it's too good to pass up for long - but if I remove the colony module from that slot, it breaks...