PDA

View Full Version : Fringe reduce power, sort of a bug

Yindo
09-05-2013, 12:24 AM
On any fringe planet if you use reduce power load and click on items that have no power load it still takes gold away.

wrestless
09-05-2013, 05:35 AM
I haven't tested it, but I assumed that was because you could get negative power load. For example, some items come with "-3 Power Load".

Yindo
09-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I haven't tested it, but I assumed that was because you could get negative power load. For example, some items come with "-3 Power Load".

I don't know if that is an option. I thought the reduce power load question was coded to only lower power of an item 10% of it's max or some value like that.

wrestless
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I thought the reduce power load question was coded to only lower power of an item 10% of it's max or some value like that.
25% I think. But what if the component does not normally have a power load such as drives and armor?

Sorry, I don't have an active game with Fringe to test it at the moment. Have you tried reducing the power load several times to see if you can achieve a negative power load?

Yindo
09-05-2013, 12:35 PM
25% I think. But what if the component does not normally have a power load such as drives and armor?

Sorry, I don't have an active game with Fringe to test it at the moment. Have you tried reducing the power load several times to see if you can achieve a negative power load?

I'll try it when I come across fringe next. Not sure if it's really possible though. Would be cool though.

wrestless
09-07-2013, 03:40 AM
I tried to reduce the power load on a component that didn't have a power load about twenty times in a row. (Yeah, I should have counted to be exact.) I didn't get a negative power load, but just lost money. So I think you're right Yindo, and that something isn't working as intended.

Yindo
09-07-2013, 05:28 AM
I tried to reduce the power load on a component that didn't have a power load about twenty times in a row. (Yeah, I should have counted to be exact.) I didn't get a negative power load, but just lost money. So I think you're right Yindo, and that something isn't working as intended.

I made a backup of my save game file before trying, wasted credits on trying to reduce everything. Don't think the negative thing is possible.