PDA

View Full Version : Ceasefire - ships keep attacking?

wrestless
09-08-2013, 01:03 AM
When I purchase a Ceasefire, I can talk/trade with the race's planets, but often the race's ships surrounding the planets will continue to attack me as if we are still at war. It doesn't happen all the time though.

I'm not sure if it could be related to proximity? I might be wrong, but maybe if you are near the race's planets or ships at the time of purchasing a ceasefire, the ships will continue to attack?

CaptainWinky
09-08-2013, 03:05 AM
This might go beyond ceasefires...I have been attacked by ships from races that haven't even declared war on me in the first place. They leave me alone if I fly away and come back a minute later. It's only happened to me a couple of times so I don't know how to reproduce it reliably.

Tuidjy
09-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Shadow has been knocking those bugs off one by one, but they seems to be some still left - there's always someone who does not get word of the cessation of hostilities, and so keeps firing.

A rather reliable way to fix the problem is to save, quit and reload.

Tyrax Lightning
09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I've sometimes helped a Race blow up a Monster Building near one of their Planets, then after it's blown up, had that Race firing at ME while we still have no War between us. :/

Leaving the Sector via either Starlane, Wormhole, or Dimensional Pocket, then coming back fixes it.

wrestless
09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Shadow has been knocking those bugs off one by one, but they seems to be some still left - there's always someone who does not get word of the cessation of hostilities, and so keeps firing.

A rather reliable way to fix the problem is to save, quit and reload.
Thanks Tuidjy. Amazing to think that the races can build advanced weaponry but haven't yet mastered radio communication to all their troops. :D