PDA

View Full Version : Minor bugs in 1.024

ScrObot
09-11-2013, 05:57 AM
1. Weapon Boost items aren't comparing correctly. I have a +weapon speed item equipped, and some other +weapon speed items with lower percentages are shown as being better (screenshot (http://www.scrobot.com/drox/drox_weapon_boost_comparison.jpg)). I don't see any stats or prices on the item it claims is better that would support that. :) +weapon damage items are also often shown as "better" than my equipped +weapon speed one, not sure if these different type of weapon boost comparisons could be separated out or not.

2. I had a quest with Cortex Brunt Hybrid (whom I was currently at war with) to collect x Greater Backlash CPUs, which I did, however I had not turned in the quest yet. A little while later I destroyed the planet that spawned the quest, and the message "0 Greater Backlash CPUs left to collect" popped up. The quest was expectedly set as failed in my quest log, but that message seemed odd to be popping up at that time.

3. Trying to reduce power load on something that you can't (already the lowest or doesn't have power load) correctly displays "Can't reduce power load more!" message, however the "money" sound still plays -- it should play the "invalid" beep instead (like when trying to repair when nothing needs to be repaired).

4. "Dynamic voltage Scaler" should have a capital V for Voltage.

5. "Mult-Frequency Shields (Fast Charge)" should be "Multi-".

6. The "Cortex Brunt Hybrid" race name goes outside of the panel in the "Select Other Race" dialog on the Trade screen when you're trying to declare war or peace etc: screenshot (http://www.scrobot.com/drox/drox_cbh_overlap.jpg)

Forevener
09-11-2013, 06:19 AM
1. Brunt racial slot cannot take Swarm Missiles

2. Some quests remain available after destruction of needed planet. Example - they want you to deliver a gift, and you have to take that quest (and gift) from unpopulated planet (and you can't).

Tyrax Lightning
09-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Sometimes, there's some snot-raggery with Special Weapons, EM Weapons, etc.... for example, Borg uses a Hellfire & a Pulsar Generator & a Weapon Overload Control, all Special Weapons... I get a Pulsar Generator drop with stronger damage, & right click equip it... the game kicks my Hellfire out to give me a 2nd Pulsar Generator I don't need, & I have to fix it manually. :/

Example 2: Ya could have a EM Shockwave & a Geomagnetic Storm equipped at the same time, & ya find a stronger Geomagnetic Storm... Ya right click Install it, & it punts your EM Shockwave out for a unneeded 2nd Geomagnetic Storm, forcing ya to Install stuff more manually.

Maybe Categories like Special Weapon, EM Weapon, etc. could use a hidden 'subcategory' Coding that makes Weapons & other such Components only replace with same type (Geomagnetic Storm to Geomagnetic Storm, Hellfire to Hellfire, etc.) by default, & replace with a different but same main category type Component if no same sub-type Component is found? (Example, Geomagnetic Storm replacing a EM Shockwave after it's detected that no Geomagnetic Storm Component is already Installed.)

I dunno how possible such a thing is though...

Crusender
09-12-2013, 03:02 AM
i found a little bug, when you kill enemy ship whit marine, they dont give relation bonus for race at war whit them

Tyrax Lightning
09-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Hmm... now that ya mention it... I have played Borg from lvl 1 to 100, & have never SEEN a Marine... :(

Forevener
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes, I haven't found any marines and chips ever (bought IotA at level 85+).

ScrObot
09-12-2013, 06:00 PM
I hit level 100 with my semi-hardcore Scavenger ship last night and never saw a marine drop either. I also don't think I got any chip drops at all in the last 40+ levels. I think I found a total of around 10 chips in this entire ship's lifetime, with some scavenging on top of that.

ScrObot
09-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Another display bug:

7. When using the retraining service at a Cortex planet, the hover box when you mouse over the minus icon for each stat obscures the whole panel (except for the top item, Tactical, where it displays it beneath the panel correctly) so you can't see what you're clicking on or how many points are left, etc.

I'm guessing this is due to it trying to use the same positioning as the normal plus icons do, but there's two extra lines for the cost that alter the height of the box and cause its placement to shift.