PDA

View Full Version : [Balance] Chips are great idea, but are much too powerful as they are

Tuidjy
09-14-2013, 09:59 AM
The services offered by the Utopians, Scavengers and Lithosoid can be used to produce custom weapons that turn killing even the hardest enemies in the game into a joke. It's not even click and kill, it's wave and kill. With DPS over 100,000 and attack over 200,000, you just hold down your right mouse button and wave your cursor in the general direction of the enemy. They die too fast for me to see exactly what's going on.

Here is an example of a weapon that took less than ten minutes and twenty million credits to assemble.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUEC4Ho.jpg

I love building as powerful ships as it's possible, but there's nothing in the game to use them against. Drox either needs a HUGE nerf, which would make many builds nonviable, and annoy many players, or we need to have the ability to generate sectors way above the player cap.

Tuidjy
09-14-2013, 10:07 AM
By the way, here's a snapshot of that gun in action against level 100 targets. There were three enemy ships near my cursor (and a few missiles) and they exploded more or less simultaneously. Note that this is without bothering to get into laser range, to launch fighters, or to engage the stealth cloak... all of which that ship is most definitely able to do.

http://i.imgur.com/GcYG1oV.jpg

Tyrax Lightning
09-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow... I need to get 20+ Million Credits & a 150+ Tactical Geomagnetic Storm & make it like that Death Ray... then maybe I could finally beat that damn lvl 100 Challenge Sector...

Tuidjy
09-14-2013, 02:53 PM
For the geo-magnetic storm, make sure you add a few weapon speed medium components, and create as many storms as possible. The real trick is to force the enemies to stay in range. Gravity wells and freezers help with that.

ScrObot
09-15-2013, 03:18 AM
I think that spending 20 million credits to attain a ridiculous weapon takes it out of the realm of "easy to do".

I don't think I've ever had more than 3 million credits, and that was before all the extra planetary services were offered. My latest level 100 Scavenger ship topped out around 2.5 million, and I ended up spending that back down to under well 2 million with rumors and reducing power load. *shrug*

However, I do agree with allowing higher than level 100 sectors to be created. :)

Jayne_Cobb
09-17-2013, 07:32 AM
The most credits I gathered was around 4millions and my lvl 100 scavanger ship was, well, not an optimal build, I had use shield and repair buffs in almost every battle, so it was easy too loose 100or200k a sector, just for surviving, when the odds weren't good. :)

Tuidjy
09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
It's not too hard to come up with mechanisms for getting stinking rich, once you make it your goal. I have very little problem getting about 2M from every small level 100 sector I play. Some of the tricks include:

1. Help races get rich, make them fight each other, and let them try to bribe you for joining their wars, or even canceling your pacts with the other. Make sure you use rumors to bring their relationships to zero before you start getting paid - they will pay a lot more that way.

2. Create problems that will result in highly paid jobs. Sabotage often results in very lucrative quests.

3. Do the long chain quests. Not only do they bring a lot of cash, but they often result in a lucrative quest from the victim.

And do not forget to take back the cash you spend. If you are planning on dumping a few millions on energy conservation, scavenging or socketing, set up, before hand, a situation where the recipient will want to pay you for something...