PDA

View Full Version : Possible bugs with Patch 1.010

Hagaar
11-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I have run into a couple of things with Patch 1.010. First, every so often, I turn a corner in some dungeon and am stopped. Cold. There's nothing in front of me but my character seems to be running into an invisible wall. If I work my way around and can come back to it another way it's still there. Nothing is spawning at that location.

The second is this: I'm currently in the Town of Worla. The Warmaster tasked me to go kill a Direwolf called Worg on the 5th floor of the dungeon. After clearing the floor out completely, I have not seen Worg. I did let the game run but kept my character in one spot and resumed my search and turned up nothing. I had another quest to do a couple of levels below my current position and completed that and returned to 5. Still no sign. I teleported back to town and turned in my quests. The Warmaster had a DIFFERENT task at that point. To go and kill Pinch a Pilfer Clan Leprechaun. Same Level as he sent me for Worg. Again nothing. :confused:

DeathKnight1728
11-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Ive had the invisible wall thing as well. However this is not a 1.010 thing as it has happened to me for quite a bit of time. It usually just disappears.

Bak
11-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Sometimes the "invisible wall" is an undead or big bug buried in the ground, and the lazy creature just won't get out of bed! :p Until it pops out so you can smite it, that patch of ground cannot be passed. (Not clear what the right spot is, to activate the code to make it surface.)

Hagaar
11-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Ive had the invisible wall thing as well. However this is not a 1.010 thing as it has happened to me for quite a bit of time. It usually just disappears.

Yuppers! I first noticed it waaay back in 1.070. It just seems to be more of a prob with the latest patch. Ah well!:p

Hagaar
11-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Sometimes the "invisible wall" is an undead or big bug buried in the ground, and the lazy creature just won't get out of bed! :p Until it pops out so you can smite it, that patch of ground cannot be passed. (Not clear what the right spot is, to activate the code to make it surface.)

You might be correct here. But it is reeealy a pain! But then... Thanks for the reply!

Aet
11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Try using an area of effect spell or attack on those. Tends to get their attention in a hurry. :P

Bak
11-06-2010, 04:25 PM
The second is this: I'm currently in the Town of Worla. The Warmaster tasked me to go kill a Direwolf called Worg on the 5th floor of the dungeon. After clearing the floor out completely, I have not seen Worg. I did let the game run but kept my character in one spot and resumed my search and turned up nothing. I had another quest to do a couple of levels below my current position and completed that and returned to 5. Still no sign. I teleported back to town and turned in my quests. The Warmaster had a DIFFERENT task at that point. To go and kill Pinch a Pilfer Clan Leprechaun. Same Level as he sent me for Worg. Again nothing. :confused:

If this isn't a bug, then go searching for illusion walls on that level. Most likely Pinch and Direwolf are sharing a cup of tea in some side chamber. (If you are still stuck, PixelLord's help page (http://www.stephenhornback.com/id84.html) might come in handy.)

Hagaar
11-07-2010, 02:39 PM
If this isn't a bug, then go searching for illusion walls on that level. Most likely Pinch and Direwolf are sharing a cup of tea in some side chamber. (If you are still stuck, PixelLord's help page (http://www.stephenhornback.com/id84.html) might come in handy.)

Thanks Bak. I'll give this a go the next time it should occur. Btw, both of them showed up when I ported back from town after concluding something else. Go figger!!

Tar Palantir
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Not sure it's a bug, but it only happened once and only once I got the last beta.

the village warmaster got killed but I don't get a quest for a new one, now i can't turn in the completed quests, so my warrior is stuck in this town but i don't what to abandon it.

Anybody experienced something like this?

DeathKnight1728
11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I've gotten it. Keep on trying to complete whatever quests that you can complete. If there are none, kill monsters on the higher lvls until you get it. It's very annoying when that happens but it will eventually go over.

Caal
11-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Sometimes getting a new warmaster can take a while. Check this thread out.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2809

Vifarc
11-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I've a said completed mission, but it shows too that an item is missing. So I can't finish the mission with the giver npc, nor can I loot the missing item as the mob droping them are no longer spawned.

Tar Palantir
11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
What spawn rate did you put for the village yoú're curently in Vilfarc?

Try going around a bit in other levels and come back then, waiting for spawns in the level itself always gives the impression of waiting longer imo

Roswitha
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
You can also do a save-and-exit, and then come back in. That sometimes wakes things up a bit.

Hagaar
11-09-2010, 11:45 AM
You can also do a save-and-exit, and then come back in. That sometimes wakes things up a bit.

That and heading back to town for a short time to see if there are other quests and doing one or two. That usually clears things up.

Vifarc
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
That's ok. But I'm not sure about what happened:
As there were so many npc in my town, with at least 10 merchants, I didn't see the npc for the quest was not in town. He reappeared whan I succeded some quest and I could give him my "completed" quest where an item was missing.

jeremyosborne
11-21-2010, 04:09 PM
When my friend and I played our second multiplayer game yesterday something odd happened.

In our first session, we played a direct connect game and saved a town. There were one or two optional quests left but we hadn't picked them up. He "saved and exited" first, and then I saved and

In our second session, I hosted an internet game on the US West servers starting from where we left off. When I logged in I noticed that the town was still saved, but everyone, and I mean everyone from Din to the normal quest givers to every single towns folk in their houses had a red question mark above them.

Every single person had an optional quest to give us. The normal quest givers -- Warmaster, Steward, etc -- had multiple quests.

I'm pretty sure this was a bug, although it was one of those nice "bugs" that I wouldn't mind calling a feature every now and then.

I don't know if the steps above are enough to reproduce the problem, because we didn't try to reproduce it. At some point we just got bored and saved the town.

As an aside about having that many quests active: it wasn't as lucrative as one might think. With all of those optional quests active, lots of town people would try and solve the quests. Sometimes they solved the quest that got us negative reputation. Most of the time the townspeople got killed, again, negative reputation.

Then again, with all the dead towns people, I've never seen so many "avenge me" quests. It helped balance out our rapidly dwindling reputation.