PDA

View Full Version : How to add more planet names

Danith
09-17-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm an idiot, I see the names for everything in assets001.zip\Names\ but I don't see a file that references it so I can create an override.

Do I just make a new planets.txt in the same format and zip it in the same directory structure and it will overwrite the original?

Shadow
09-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah, you can't change to a new file or do any nice adds to/overrides stuff for names. Just leave your version of planets.txt as a loose file or in your own mod zip.

DarthNihilus
10-14-2013, 11:11 AM
But yu won't see 'em almost never , exept the 3-4 letter long ones, because the game also mixes the system and planet names from two or maybe even three. Like, if you have an "AAAAAAAA" and "BBBBBBBB" planets then in the game you'll encounter smth like
AABBBBBB
AAAABBBB
BBBBAAAA and so on.

Shadow
10-14-2013, 11:30 AM
But yu won't see 'em almost never , exept the 3-4 letter long ones, because the game also mixes the system and planet names from two or maybe even three.

You can also change that if you want to. Increase the value of the number in the first line of the text file and you will get exact names more often.

DarthNihilus
10-14-2013, 12:52 PM
You can also change that if you want to. Increase the value of the number in the first line of the text file and you will get exact names more often.

I had a feeling about that, thanks ! :)