PDA

View Full Version : Drox Operative 1.024 bug - planets frequently have the quest item they need

sea
09-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Every single game, I've noticed that planets which require a specific quest item will oftentimes actually have that item available for sale themselves. Obviously this doesn't make much, if any, sense. I guess you could say "it's not a bug, it's a feature" but overall it's still pretty disconcerting and defeats the purpose of the quest to begin with.

Tyrax Lightning
09-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Shh, don't expose this! It's useful to be able to knock out Quests like this fast & easy! :D

CaptainWinky
09-24-2013, 03:12 PM
This tends to happen when the same problem is affecting several of a race's planets. For instance, a race that owns two planets could have a zombie infestation on both planets. Planet A makes a zombie quest available, causing the quest item to be generated on Planet B. Planet B makes its own zombie quest available and the same quest item is generated on Planet A. This means you don't really have to run back and forth. Just visit each planet once, buy the quest item, and immediately resell it to complete the quest.

I agree that it doesn't make much sense for a planet to be begging for a special item when they already have it on hand. From a gameplay perspective, though, it would kinda suck if the quests were just removed if planets had the items on hand. In the zombie example, both planets would have the zombie outbreaks cured immediately after they happened and the player would be denied the chance for rewards and a relations boost. Maybe the player needs to show the victims on each planet which end of the rayguns to point at the zombies.... :)

PixelLord
09-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Every single game, I've noticed that planets which require a specific quest item will oftentimes actually have that item available for sale themselves. Obviously this doesn't make much, if any, sense. I guess you could say "it's not a bug, it's a feature" but overall it's still pretty disconcerting and defeats the purpose of the quest to begin with.

This has been reported before, and it's funny how a bug can often become a feature for me. In this case, just think about real world governments where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. :)

To cite another example, a long time ago I reported a bug where you can fly around when you use the "W" key to start thrusting while using a recharge station and keep recharging while within some radius. You can even use certain weapons (like an EMP) while charging. Anyway, that's now a feature and no longer a bug for me as well.

Shadow
09-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I know about this one. I haven't done anything about it because of what CaptainWinky said. As more and more of the same quest pops up, it would be hard to put a good somewhere that doesn't automatically solve someone else's problem.