PDA

View Full Version : [Bugs/Balance] Things are on the wrong side of level 100.

Tuidjy
09-26-2013, 01:16 PM
I'll use this thread to list things that do not scale properly after level 100 (Ultimate difficulty).

Here's what I have now.

1) I have played level 110, 120, and 130 sectors without a problem. But I just generated a level 140 sector, and there are NO monsters whatsoever. There are plenty of race ships, renegade/pirate ships and device/machines, but no monsters, not even bosses. Very lonely. Once I finish the sector, I'll generate another level 140 one, and see what happened.

I just found a Ryzak destroyer, so I guess ancient ships are in. Still no monsters, not even from hideouts and ambushes. I get the 'Ambush!' sound, but no one comes to party. They must have learned not to mess with the DPAKOH.

I finished the monster-free sector, and started another level 140 sector. No monsters. I did it with another ship, same thing. The cutoff point seems to be between level 130 and 132. Please fix it. All of my level 100 ships have been able to handle level 130 monsters, I want to test them against something tougher.

2) All technology drops seem to result in level 80-105 discoveries. As a result, they are completely worthless, and maybe should not be generated.

3) Exploring planets takes so long that I no longer even attempt it, except when there is a colonize quest for a race that really needs it. All other searching/scanning/opening seems to work fine, but at level 140, exploring a planet feels like a minute or so.

Roswitha
09-27-2013, 11:47 AM
I'll use this thread to list things that do not scale properly after level 100 (Ultimate difficulty).

2) All technology drops seem to result in level 80-105 discoveries. As a result, they are completely worthless, and maybe should not be generated.

He did say that the player and components were still capped at 100. I wonder if this is why.

Zengrath
09-28-2013, 11:36 PM
I totally expected this. certain aspects to not be adjusted yet for 100+. i'm sure they will fix these things with time. Technology for races i thinks should continue to drop and I'm sure no monsters is an obvious bug :)

Reminds me when people used to deep dive real deep in play fate.. that had unlimited dungeon levels, but once you got to an extremely deep level things would get all crazy, like all mobs would be one type, and of course things got way unbalanced. and some bugs wasn't same for everyone, some bugs were actually a limitation of some peoples hardware that caused certain bugs.. not game itself, at thousands of levels deep. It was fun!

Tuidjy
09-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Actually, you can have a strange but still very enjoyable play at the monster-free levels. You get interesting race to race combat, and you can make a ton of money hiring out.

Shadow
09-30-2013, 01:32 PM
All of these things mentions so far should be fixed in version 1.027 btw.