PDA

View Full Version : DOOM Missile...

Tyrax Lightning
10-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Any chance of those Doom Missiles ever becoming usable Components for us Drox someday? It would especially be cool if they could also equip in the Brunt Racial Slot... & be a Non-Aimed Weapon like the Shock Torpedoes. :D

Forevener
10-06-2013, 05:28 AM
DOOM missile? Never heard of it, tell me more. I think I could mod it.

Tyrax Lightning
10-06-2013, 01:42 PM
DOOM missile? Never heard of it, tell me more. I think I could mod it.
It's a Special Weapon of one of the new IotA Monsters, the Dooms. :)

It's a huge but slow Missile that packs much stronger health & damage then the typical Missile, thus doing more damage then a normal Missile if it hits ya or your Pets, & it's higher health makes it more resistant to getting destroyed before impact from stuff like Missile Defenses & AoE Damage & such. I have yet to ever manage to determine if the Monster Version of this Missile is a Aimed Attack or not, but it'll need to be a Non-Aimed Weapon for Drox use or it'll be useless. Brunts have no room for Computers in their Spec Plans. (& it would be good to have more Non-Aim Missiles in the game than just the Shock Torpedoes. :D)

Forevener
10-07-2013, 12:52 AM
It's a Special Weapon of one of the new IotA Monsters, the Dooms. :)

It's a huge but slow Missile that packs much stronger health & damage then the typical Missile, thus doing more damage then a normal Missile if it hits ya or your Pets, & it's higher health makes it more resistant to getting destroyed before impact from stuff like Missile Defenses & AoE Damage & such. I have yet to ever manage to determine if the Monster Version of this Missile is a Aimed Attack or not, but it'll need to be a Non-Aimed Weapon for Drox use or it'll be useless. Brunts have no room for Computers in their Spec Plans. (& it would be good to have more Non-Aim Missiles in the game than just the Shock Torpedoes. :D)
I've studied the code, and found only one special thing about this missile - it can't miss. And yes - it slow, tough, and maneuverable.
BTW, give a try to my 'Explosive Missiles' mod.

Tyrax Lightning
10-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I've studied the code, and found only one special thing about this missile - it can't miss. And yes - it slow, tough, and maneuverable.
BTW, give a try to my 'Explosive Missiles' mod.
I would give the Explosive Missiles Mod a try, but I don't have any Missile using Ships atm... there's so many ways for NPCs to neutralize them atm, they seem like rather worthless weapons for anyone but a Brunt Racial Missile Slot to ever Equip.

Forevener
10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
I would give the Explosive Missiles Mod a try, but I don't have any Missile using Ships atm... there's so many ways for NPCs to neutralize them atm, they seem like rather worthless weapons for anyone but a Brunt Racial Missile Slot to ever Equip.
My mod fixed that. Just try it.

Tyrax Lightning
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
My mod fixed that. Just try it.
Perhaps I will sometime... I have been meaning to restart a new Brunt Character...