PDA

View Full Version : What are Galactic Karma events?

goodgimp
10-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Is there a wiki or anything for these sorts of questions? I try googling for answers on these before posting, I swear. I hope the thread spam isn't too annoying, my hope is that maybe they're helpful if someone comes searching for them later (with the primary goal of educating myself, of course :)).

So what are Galactic Karma events? I see them trigger in game but I don't know what causes them or how I should be reacting to them. Is there a primer for them somewhere?

Tuidjy
10-11-2013, 01:50 PM
They are a new addition and you just have to learn for yourself. Some are trivial and can be ignored, some sound important, but I can see no in-game effect, and some generate a bunch of quests that let you buddy up to the affected race. Some of latter can cripple a race if ignored.

They seem to negatively affect strong races, and help weak races. Thus they equalize the field, so I do not consider them very important.

A fat wallet will allow you, through sabotage and propaganda, to create as much trouble as the Karma events. Of course, cash infusions from that same wallet can help a race out of a hole... except that they tend to waste it on hiring allies, and who needs that when the Drox is helping you?!

Shadow
10-11-2013, 02:41 PM
They are just really large random events where positive karma events will only hit the weakest race and the negative karma events will only hit to strongest race.

Tyrax Lightning
10-11-2013, 02:44 PM
So, Galactic Karma is kinda like a bunch of Space Druids... zealotism about balance of neutrality above all... :p