PDA

View Full Version : Mana/Healing potions used when Mana/Healing are already at maximum

NTJedi
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I've noticed the game will use both mana and healing potions even when the character already has 100% of mana and health.

Since there's no benefit for drinking a mana/health potion when mana/health are maxed the game should prevent using the potion. I've lost a few important mana and healing potions pressing the wrong key and since these potions cost so much money I'm hoping a future patch fixes this issue.

FloodSpectre
11-11-2010, 07:02 PM
I've done this as well with an accidental keypress at full health and drank healing potions I didn't want to waste. I don't think it'd be unreasonable to prevent using them at full health/mana, but I think food should still be consumable when at full health. Sometimes you want to be regenerating health before you start getting pummeled ;)

NTJedi
11-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I think food should still be consumable when at full health. Sometimes you want to be regenerating health before you start getting pummeled ;)

Of course

Tar Palantir
11-12-2010, 05:39 AM
I also use food in a more pro-active fashion sometimes but it is true that using health potions unintentionaly when at full health is anoying, especially when they start to be quite expensive at higher lvl...

Shadow
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I added this yesterday so it will show up whenever I do a 1.011 patch.

Bak
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Actually, I vote no on this one. I'm often trying to dispose of lower value potions to make pack space for the better versions. At least for me, it is better to destroy it (by using it) rather than dropping it and adding clutter to the dungeon. (But if this change goes in, I'll deal with it.)

FloodSpectre
11-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Actually, I vote no on this one. I'm often trying to dispose of lower value potions to make pack space for the better versions. At least for me, it is better to destroy it (by using it) rather than dropping it and adding clutter to the dungeon. (But if this change goes in, I'll deal with it.)

This makes me think of one thing I've always loved about rogue-likes; the ability to destroy any item in your inventory or on the floor. Makes sorting the trash from the treasure so much easier.