PDA

View Full Version : Death Blow poison not working ?

DiNo29
11-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey

I've Death Blow skilled to level 6 now, and the poison cloud doesn't seem to be working. Tooltip says it does 120-160 damages, but all it does to most of the monsters is 0.1-0.5 dmg/s for 20s, which doesn't even show on the monsters' health bars. On the weakest monsters, it still only does 1.5dmg/s.
How come ?
Edit : I have it level 6, but it's been doing since skill level 1, once the monsters got high level enough.

Also, I'm occasionally getting quest where I have to kill a named monster on a specific dungeon level, but can't find him anywhere.
I'm sure I found all illusions on the level, went everywhere several times, and no named monster is to be found, all I can do is forfeit the town and suffer a 40k xp penalty >_<.
In my last game, I got 2 monsters like that in the same town.

NTJedi
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey

I've Death Blow skilled to level 6 now, and the poison cloud doesn't seem to be working. Tooltip says it does 120-160 damages, but all it does to most of the monsters is 0.1-0.5 dmg/s for 20s, which doesn't even show on the monsters' health bars. On the weakest monsters, it still only does 1.5dmg/s.
How come ?
Edit : I have it level 6, but it's been doing since skill level 1, once the monsters got high level enough.

What character has the skill? I'm curious.

Also, I'm occasionally getting quest where I have to kill a named monster on a specific dungeon level, but can't find him anywhere.
I'm sure I found all illusions on the level, went everywhere several times, and no named monster is to be found, all I can do is forfeit the town and suffer a 40k xp penalty >_<.
In my last game, I got 2 monsters like that in the same town.

I've experienced these... basically you just have to return to the level later in the game. Yes it's time consuming and can be frustrating... I have suggested the vendors sell "dead animals" as bait for luring monsters. Larger dead animals provide more powerful bait. Only bad side effect is any monster gains strength/stats when eating or reanimating the dead animal. It would definitely help this issue, hopefully it will arrive in one of the patches.

DiNo29
11-10-2010, 08:21 PM
It's the assassin's (rogue) "ultimate" skill. ^^

For the boss, does it work if you stay on the level ? Cause I've been farming 30 minutes in a missing boss level once, and he never popped up >_<

Max_Powers
11-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, does it say what type of creature the boss is/was? I have found that a lot of the time it is like a creeping brood or other invisible type creature.

In almost all of the times this has happened it was remedied by save&exit then load again. I would then go to that level and would often times be attacked by said creature.

On one other occasion I eventually found it. It was kind of right there in the open. It was just invisible and seemed to be not moving and stuck in place. When it realized I found it it started to attack.

DiNo29
11-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, does it say what type of creature the boss is/was? I have found that a lot of the time it is like a creeping brood or other invisible type creature.

In almost all of the times this has happened it was remedied by save&exit then load again. I would then go to that level and would often times be attacked by said creature.

On one other occasion I eventually found it. It was kind of right there in the open. It was just invisible and seemed to be not moving and stuck in place. When it realized I found it it started to attack.

I don't remember what type they were, but I'm pretty sure some weren't invisible.
I didn't think about quitting and loading though, gotta try that, thanks. :)

Shadow
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I'll look at death cloud to see what's going on. It might just be that the cloud itself is doing damage and a small portion of that goes into a poison dot and the dot is just more noticeable.

DiNo29
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll look at death cloud to see what's going on. It might just be that the cloud itself is doing damage and a small portion of that goes into a poison dot and the dot is just more noticeable.

Well, when I use the skill (and succesfully kill my target, releasing the cloud) and stop attacking, to see the cloud damages, by the time the cloud and dots are over, all of the monsters are missing 0-5hp only, so it doesn't seem to be doing the intended damages, I doubt level 20 monsters have 98% of poison damage reduction.

wasp3
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM

thanks Shadow to reply but what about spell thunderbolt and 100% stun ? and main previous questions, nobody answer me :rolleyes:

Shadow
11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
thanks Shadow to reply but what about spell thunderbolt and 100% stun ? and main previous questions, nobody answer me :rolleyes:

I don't always reply to bug reports but almost always add them to my todo list. I probably should respond more consistently though. I did add the thunderbolt issue and will look into it.

wasp3
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't always reply to bug reports but almost always add them to my todo list. I probably should respond more consistently though. I did add the thunderbolt issue and will look into it.

thanks again and if find possible way to fix it, just tell me how ;)

if this help >
- i try replace in skills.gdb -Projectile "ProjThunderBolt" with "ProjNinjaShuriken" and this dont seems to work,
- then add "ProjStatusEffect 1" and Status effect chance work now correctly
- then change "ProjNinjaShuriken" back to "ProjThunderBolt" and dont work anymore

DiNo29
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
About DeathBlow, I noticed it uses the projectile ProjSharedPoisonGas , which has ConstantDamage 1 and DamageTime 1.0. Maybe it uses those constant damages instead of the skill's ones ?

Edit : That was the problem. I tried removing the damage lines in the projsharedpoisongas projectile, and it doesn't ignore the skill damages anymore. (I think. It does way more damage, but feels like it still does less damages than what the tooltip say ). You could create a new projectile type just for this skill to fix it. :)

Shadow
11-11-2010, 06:33 PM
ConstantDamage is a boolean that is basically telling the system to keep doing damage over the entire life of the projectile to anything that is within range. DamageTime in this case is just saying damage once per second.

DiNo29
11-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Strange, cause just removing the constantdamage line changed the skill from doing 0 starting damage to 20-40, and 0.1-0.5 dot to 0-9

Shadow
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Ok, I left out part of what ConstantDamage does. It changes the damage from being a single damage to damage over time. It attempts to do the same amount of damage but over the entire life time. So each individual damage is going to be a lot less.

DiNo29
11-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Btw, I updated to 1.10 and the spell works now, forgot to mention I still had 1.07 (didn't know 10 was out of beta yet ^^')