PDA

View Full Version : [Newbie] Modding help


TheLunaQueen
10-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Okay, brand new to making mods for Din's Curse and decided to make two of my own after using some of the amazing and helpful ones here.

1. Increase the number of attribute points to 10, stop the skill point increase and start with more skill points. (This one was really more of a test to see if I could even figure out how to mod.)
2. Make it so the Magician class could wear at least leather or even mail armour (Too squishy for my taste).

I used http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6072 and http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4972 to see what to change. Included are my two "mods". I don't know what I did wrong, and even with the Mod SDK, it's not clicking.

joku
10-29-2013, 02:54 AM
You have it so the database folder is within a folder within the zip file (e.g. mod_SkillPts.zip/mod_SkillPts/Database/). That's wrong. Just zip up the database folder (so it would look like mod_SkillPts.zip/Database/).

TheLunaQueen
10-29-2013, 03:24 AM
You have it so the database folder is within a folder within the zip file (e.g. mod_SkillPts.zip/mod_SkillPts/Database/). That's wrong. Just zip up the database folder (so it would look like mod_SkillPts.zip/Database/).

Okay, did that, but I can't equip anything but cloth armour on my Magician, and my skill points mod didn't work at all either. Should I actually risk editing the original files and try it like that, or is there something I'm missing?

joku
10-29-2013, 12:08 PM
I looked into them. The skill points did work... partially. I started with nine skill points and got ten more when I leveled up. But the cost of skills still went up. For the costincreaseperlevel, you had it set to override "SkillSystem" which doesn't exist. You needed to have it override "BaseSkill".

As for the other mod, there were two problems. You had an extra "skill" in there, but not your fault. Bluddy had it wrong in his post. So you had:Skill SkillBasicLeatherArmorMageMail addsto SkillBasicCapewhen it should have been:SkillBasicLeatherArmorMageMail addsto SkillBasicCape

The other problem was you had used "LeatherArmor" when it should have been "ArmorLeather".

I've attached the two corrected files below.

TheLunaQueen
10-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow. I would have never figured that out. Thank you so much for the help. And for showing what to change.

Shadow
10-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks for helping joku.