PDA

View Full Version : I've tried create mods too hard =)

Morbi
10-29-2013, 06:48 AM
But noone works! What's wrong I do? Or we can't change "StartingSkillPoints" and "ValueEachPointTraining"?

And second question, which string I need if I want to change step between Command levels?

Shadow
10-29-2013, 11:53 AM
The biggest gotcha on modding is making sure the files are in the correct directory. If you created a new gdb file it needs to be in the Assets/Database directory.

Morbi
10-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Yes, there they are.

ThisMod overrides GameSystem
{
BaseSkillPointsPerLevel 1
LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises 25
SkillPointRaise 5
StartingSkillPoints 10

AttributePointsPerLevel 5
}

Maybe I need to use certain codepage? Does it matter?

joku
10-29-2013, 01:21 PM
"StartingSkillPoints" isn't used in Drox Operative as there are no skills. That bit of code is a leftover from Din's Curse. I assume what you're wanting to change are crew points (Helm, Computers, etc.). To change your starting crew points, you'll want to edit the following lines under "BaseClass" in classes.gdb: BaseStrength 5
BaseDexterity 5
BaseVitality 5
BaseIntelligence 5
BaseSpirit 5
BaseCaptain 0 But you won't be able to choose where the points go for each new ship you make. They'll all get the exact points you give them in the file.

Alternatively, you could modify "AttributePointsPerLevel" under "GameSystem" in systems.gdb to change the amount of you points you get every time you level up. But doing it this way requires you to level up once before you see a change in your attribute points, and it will affect each time you level up for the entire rest of the game. If you'd like an example of this, check out this mod (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24787).

"ValueEachPointTraining" is used to calculate how much an item is worth, specifically I think it makes crew members worth more credits when they level up. I don't think you'd have any reason to be changing this.

To your second question, I assume you're asking about changing the number of crew points needed to get each new ship. To do this you would need to change "MinCaptain" in hulls.gdb for each and every ship. That can be quite a bit of work. Instead, check out this mod (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27906).

Morbi
10-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh, I see. Yes, I sought for crew points changing)

And thanks! ModBalancedCommand exactly what I need! =)