PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of the Ancients crashes on startup on Mac: SubDatabase classes.gdb

thither
10-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi, I just bought Invasion of the Ancients via PayPal and installed it (via a downloaded file "DroxlotA1031"). When I first started it up, it asked for my Ancients key, which I pasted in. Immediately after that - and now every time I start up Drox Operative - I just get a dialog box saying "SubDatabase classes.gdb has a duplicate index 0!"

http://i.imgur.com/5FHxt2o.png

I'm running OS/X 10.9 (Mavericks) on a Mid-2010 iMac with 12GB RAM. One thing I'm thinking of is that I probably didn't upgrade the base client before applying the patch, I wonder if that might have caused a problem.

I'll look into generating a debug log or something (any advice appreciated, I'm a programmer so I'm reasonably technical if I can help debug on my side).

thither
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh, wait, I fixed it (I hope!) by first installing the latest regular Drox patch from the patch page, bringing my normal install up to 1.031. Then after I verified that it started up, I installed the Ancients package on top of it, and now Ancients starts just fine.

It might be nice for the Ancients installer to check that the base Drox level is >= 1.031 before it installs so it would detect this sort of thing. On the other hand, it wasn't too difficult to figure out. Thanks!

Shadow
10-31-2013, 10:43 AM
The game itself checks to make sure all the versions match, unfortunately in this case the error happens before the version checking.

For anyone else that hits this problem, just install the latest patch after installing the expansion and you should be fine.