PDA

View Full Version : Latest tweets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Shadow
11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Ok, I'm going to try to remember to post my latest tweets in this thread instead of long blogs. Feel free to comment as usual.

Din's Curse expansion: lightning bolts from storms now do damage and an Electrical Hazard world modifier was added today. Storms can also leave puddles. Puddles of water and electricity are a bad mix. :)

Shadow
11-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I took our Mac into the shop today to hopefully be fixed, can't get it to boot with the HD or DVD and tried all the normal things. :( Dead computers are kind of annoying.

Shadow
11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Our iMac is officially dead so I bought a Mac Book Pro to replace it. I might as well get multiple uses out of the purchase if I'm out of a bunch of unexpected money.

DeathKnight1728
11-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I have a question. Will we start to see the din's curse expansion page with the monsters and class info under dins curse soon?

Shadow
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I have a question. Will we start to see the din's curse expansion page with the monsters and class info under dins curse soon?

I was going to start officially announcing stuff today, but computer issues postponed it a little (not for too long though).

Shadow
11-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Added invasions with multiple waves today and an invasion wave mode to Din's Curse: Demon War.

Shadow
11-19-2010, 06:37 PM
My package shipped from China made it here before the one shipped from Pennsylvania.

DeathKnight1728
11-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Thats when you know that we are losing the war:D

Shadow
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I have a working Mac again :)

DeathKnight1728
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Nice. As much i am a pc man, the macs usually outlast most of my pcs for some reason. I believe its the coding.

Shadow
11-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Started adding achievements today to Din's Curse: Demon War.

Shadow
11-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Added 50 achievements today to Din's Curse: Demon War.

Ghost Matter
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I'd like it if the achievements worked in Impulse(or Steam, if they accept the game) and Raptr (http://raptr.com/). It'd be awesome. Good work.

Shadow
11-30-2010, 06:33 PM
I need to name some new caves/dungeons in Din's Curse: Demon War, any ideas?

FloodSpectre
11-30-2010, 07:22 PM
I need to name some new caves/dungeons in Din's Curse: Demon War, any ideas?

Here are some random ones I forgot to suggest a while back:
Forsaken Sepulchre
Dead Wind Catacombs
Infernal Abyss
Cyclopean Cavern
Dismal Dungeon
Domain of the Dead
Bloody Barrow
Shattered Tomb
Treacherous Passage
Ebon Mausoleum
Bloodsoaked Pit
Tyrannical Labyrinth
Mines of Misery

Greyloch
11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
-Shaggoroth's Maw
-Den of Iniquity
-Undertown
-Pit of Abandoned Hope
-Death's Embrace
-Arena of <insert war/battle deity of choice>

SharpCarlos
11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Here, I've attached several hundred. I actually had a thousand in the file, but it was bit bigger than the allowed attachment size.

Obviously, I just threw dungeony-sounding words together at random, and I didn't even check for duplicates, so there might be some. But this little exercise got me thinking: How is Din's Curse generating dungeon names now? Are they pulled randomly from a list, or randomly generated, like the list I just created?

But then I had a REALLY interesting thought: What if the dungeon names were, at least partially, procedurally generated based on the world modifiers? Like the way that items are named. So, in much the way that a sword which does fire damage and adds to your strength might be called a "Fiery Sword of Might", a dungeon in a world that has lots of rain and undead could be called the "Haunted Dungeon of Floods" or something.

DeathKnight1728
11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Slayer's Requiem

That's all i got.

FloodSpectre
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Not terribly fond of "<adjective> <location> of <adjective>" names myself, they sound a little too bland to me. Something about just one descriptor sounds so much better to me when I read it.

Oh, and I too had been thinking names based on world modifiers or the tileset of the dungeon would be nice, but again, I think I'd prefer full dungeon names from a list (which I think is the current system of naming) than randomly generated, and certain entries in that list might have qualifiers like "only available with Undead worldmod."

SharpCarlos
11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Not terribly fond of "<adjective> <location> of <adjective>" names myself, they sound a little too bland to me.

True. It just SCREAMS "randomly generated name", doesn't it?

One thing I thought would be nice would be to work a random proper noun into that final spot sometimes. So, "Deadly Caverns of Gazuul", or whatever. Or maybe even stick the town name in there.

FloodSpectre
11-30-2010, 11:04 PM
One thing I thought would be nice would be to work a random proper noun into that final spot sometimes. So, "Deadly Caverns of Gazuul", or whatever. Or maybe even stick the town name in there.

That sounds good to me. Maybe the name could be some dark god or one of the bosses in that particular dungeon.

Shadow
12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Currently how it works is the dungeons and caves have a set name that goes along with the tileset, so Vicious Chambers always looks the same. The towns on the other hand just pull from a list.

Shadow
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm trying to test a lighting issue but imps keep putting out the torches. :)

udm
12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Awesome! Will there be animations on the imps?

Shadow
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Awesome! Will there be animations on the imps?

These are the same imps that have always been in the game. They just kept getting in the way of testing.

Shadow
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Din's Curse: Demon War started alpha testing today!

Caal
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Nice. I'm sure there's lots of other folks like me looking forward to the beta. :)

xorch
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I've been thinking of picking up Din's Curse as a bit of a Xmas gift for me and my fiancee. (She generally hates video games + considers them a waste of time so that says something BIG for the demo :) ) Will there be a Combo pack , ie Din's Curse + Demon War offered for when the expansion hits sale ready status?

Shadow
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I've been thinking of picking up Din's Curse as a bit of a Xmas gift for me and my fiancee. (She generally hates video games + considers them a waste of time so that says something BIG for the demo :) ) Will there be a Combo pack , ie Din's Curse + Demon War offered for when the expansion hits sale ready status?

I haven't really decided yet if we should do a combo or not.

Shadow
12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
ego weapons can now level up in the Din's Curse expansion

DeathKnight1728
12-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Thats friggin awesome!. So they get better and stronger the more you fight with them?

Shadow
12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Each level up they will gain a point or two of base max damage.

DeathKnight1728
12-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Interesting. That would be so cool if you could wield one of the original weapons that is ego and unique from start of the game to finish. It would be so awesome. I think i have one too so i cant wait.

Shadow
12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Added 30 new unique weapons to the expansion today.

DeathKnight1728
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Since weapons max damage will go up minimum will stay the same so it doesnt completely rule out regular uniques and such. But what about armor, will the armor go up every lvl of the item or level of your character. If level of the item you can use the item on a low level and make it beast when you reach a high to mid level. Im thinking too far ahead :cool:

udm
12-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Now all that's left to do for ego weapons are ones that smack talk :P

Really awesome idea for ego weapons to level up, by the way.

Shadow
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Since weapons max damage will go up minimum will stay the same so it doesnt completely rule out regular uniques and such. But what about armor, will the armor go up every lvl of the item or level of your character. If level of the item you can use the item on a low level and make it beast when you reach a high to mid level. Im thinking too far ahead :cool:

Right now leveling is limited to ego weapons.

Shadow
12-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Right after adding a put flowers on a grave quest, I added a thieves den world modifier. :) I just thought it was kind of strange that these were back to back.

DeathKnight1728
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Thieves den, what is there like a group of AE's (artemis entreri's) that run around and steal stuff from the shops and kill people if they get in their way?

It would be cool if there was a king of thieves or something like that who is a unique. Be a fun thing to an already fun game.

Shadow
12-09-2010, 11:47 AM
NPCs can now get into fights with one another in Din's Curse: Demon War.

Shadow
12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
"Defensive lighting totem is starving and needs help", Hmm I think I have a bug. :)

Amberjoy
12-10-2010, 11:10 PM
"Defensive lighting totem is starving and needs help", Hmm I think I have a bug. :)

Guess the quest to feed it will be to collect lightning bugs in a jar... :rolleyes:

udm
12-11-2010, 01:05 AM
NPCs can now get into fights with one another in Din's Curse: Demon War.
Yesssssss. More permutations of events!!!!!!!!! *laughs evilly*

Shadow
12-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Added a quest today that allows you to retrieve some items from a dead hardcore character.

Coreyh2
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Like ghosts and cemetery levels from roguelikes? Sounds fun. Getting killed by yourself is funny. Works even better when I used to play nethack on remote servers.

Suppose its kinda simple compared to modern day mmorpgs though. Although I'm not sure how many of those have equipment that drops from player kills.

Shadow
12-14-2010, 10:57 AM
It is a similar idea that roguelikes have used. In this case, if a unique monster killed you, that exact monster will be guarding some of the killed character's items. If something else killed you, some random unique monster will be the guard.

Shadow
12-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Now in the Demon War expansion when NPCs get into a fight you can freely attack either one of them. We'll see how this goes. I am a little worried about people accidentally attacking an NPC they don't really want dead.

Roswitha
12-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Now in the Demon War expansion when NPCs get into a fight you can freely attack either one of them. We'll see how this goes. I am a little worried about people accidentally attacking an NPC they don't really want dead.

How will that work in the case of a town attack? Currently (I think), a whirlwind or aoe attack hits the monsters and misses the townspeople. (Can't check it because my hard drive is dead AGAIN). If we can attack them, and mob of them are chasing a monster, it's going to complicate things.

Shadow
12-15-2010, 02:57 PM
How will that work in the case of a town attack? Currently (I think), a whirlwind or aoe attack hits the monsters and misses the townspeople. (Can't check it because my hard drive is dead AGAIN). If we can attack them, and mob of them are chasing a monster, it's going to complicate things.

Right now this would only matter if some townspeople were fighting each other when the town was attacked.

udm
12-16-2010, 12:14 AM
It can only keep getting better :). TBH I'm more excited about seeing these new gameplay mechanics/features, than content like classes, but it's just me :P

DeathKnight1728
12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Speaking of the classes, how is the demon hunter shadow? When you said one of them was a twohanded weapon user with aoe attacks and has a mastery for that i thought that might be too good. I mean twohanded weapons are the most damaging weapons in the game and even if they are slow, if you took another class like say the weaponmaster you'd probably be unstopable to everything, maybe even bosses like the dreaded taris.

Whether its imbalanced or not though, i could care less...this game will rock.

Shadow
12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Speaking of the classes, how is the demon hunter shadow? When you said one of them was a twohanded weapon user with aoe attacks and has a mastery for that i thought that might be too good. I mean twohanded weapons are the most damaging weapons in the game and even if they are slow, if you took another class like say the weaponmaster you'd probably be unstopable to everything, maybe even bosses like the dreaded taris.

A weaponmaster/reaver will be interesting with multiple weapon masteries.

Shadow
12-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Not sure I mentioned this but you can now scoop up spilled liquids into empty vials in the expansion (oil, alcohol, etc). I added this a while back, but saw Delilah scooping up an oil spill so I thought I would mention it. With oil you get a flaming weapon powerup that you can use whenever you want.

Roswitha
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Not sure I mentioned this but you can now scoop up spilled liquids into empty vials in the expansion (oil, alcohol, etc). I added this a while back, but saw Delilah scooping up an oil spill so I thought I would mention it. With oil you get a flaming weapon powerup that you can use whenever you want.

Talk about interactive! :)

Can you do anything with ice or magma?

udm
12-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Finally!!! :)

It just keeps getting better and better. Moar features! :D

Shadow
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM

You can't right now, because it's not really realistic. However, fun usually trumps realistic for me.

Roswitha
12-17-2010, 11:51 AM

You can't right now, because it's not really realistic. However, fun usually trumps realistic for me.

Maybe the weaponsmith's forge fire goes out and he gives you a metal container to go get some magma.

Or somebody wants to make an icebox to keep their food cold. Or you could just melt the ice and use the water against fire elementals.

If you haven't done it already. :)

FloodSpectre
12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe the weaponsmith's forge fire goes out and he gives you a metal container to go get some magma.

I like this one. It'd be a simple enough quest, but still, there's something about it that's fun :)

Roswitha
12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
I like this one. It'd be a simple enough quest, but still, there's something about it that's fun :)

And maybe while the weaponsmith's fire's out, he can't do any repairs or get new inventory...

FloodSpectre
12-17-2010, 09:27 PM
And maybe while the weaponsmith's fire's out, he can't do any repairs or get new inventory...

I was thinking this very same thing while in the car today. For that matter, it might just be that the mail and plate armorsmiths need that fuel too...

Shadow
12-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Now in the expansion you can change some of the armor items on the NPCs to make them more durable.

Shadow
12-21-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm testing to make sure you can't start fights with Din and he tells me he is married, sigh.

udm
12-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm testing to make sure you can't start fights with Din and he tells me he is married, sigh.
DO WANT!!!

Shadow
12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Getting close, but because Christmas is so close probably going to start Din's Curse: Demon War beta next week.

Roswitha
12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Getting close, but because Christmas is so close probably going to start Din's Curse: Demon War beta next week.

Any time frame for the next patch?

Shadow
12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Any time frame for the next patch?

I haven't decided. I wanted to do it this week, but the expansion and the next patch are tied together quite a bit. I'm not sure I want to release a patch this week and potentially another one next week, especially when I might be distracted in between due to holidays.

Max_Powers
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
It is ready when it is ready. Have a happy holidays, Shadow! Everyone else as well.

Shadow
12-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Tracking down a memory leak today. :(

udm
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Well a few days ago, I had a hard time trying to track down the toilet to take a leak after getting high, so I guess we're quite similar in that respect :D

Shadow
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Caught an NPC in town poisoning the water supply, he went to gamble to make himself feel better, too bad he lost. He's just not having a good day.

Coreyh2
12-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I sounds a little like the town is becoming a little like the sims. That is a pretty interesting thing to do.

There is that new medieval sims game coming out.

Shadow
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
working on Din's Curse 1.012 today (as expected), will hopefully release it early next week

Shadow
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Working on some multiplayer bandwidth optimizations today for Din's Curse. I haven't found much specific to the expansion but I have made some general improvements that should speed things up.

Shadow
01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Lots of fixes and tweaks today for 1.014 of Din's Curse. I also added a few more changes to hopefully fix the missing unique monsters.

Shadow
01-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Added a Low Stress option to Din's Curse world setup today for those that want a more peaceful experience.

Amberjoy
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Added a Low Stress option to Din's Curse world setup today for those that want a more peaceful experience.

Oh! That sounds good to me. Thanks. :)

Shadow
01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Radically changed how armor works today in Din's Curse, we'll see if it stays that way.

Shadow
01-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Players can now give the Warmaster items to distribute to NPCs in the town in Din's Curse: Demon War. Priority is given to main quest givers, then vendors, and then normal NPCs.

Shadow
01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Been doing tax stuff for last couple days, brain feels like mush now. January is kind of an annoying month tax wise: W2s, 1099s, 941 form, 940 form, ...

udm
01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Good thing we don't have to file and report our income from Menace Mausoleum to Din's eh :p

Shadow
01-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I fixed a pet being attacked by NPCs bug today, I really hope it's the last one.

DeathKnight1728
01-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Good thing we don't have to file and report our income from Menace Mausoleum to Din's eh :p

Well it depends, if taris is there then thats 500 more expenses to report :D

Shadow
01-31-2011, 06:09 PM
I was hoping to be done with the expansion pack by now, but at least I'm killing bugs about as fast as they are being reported.

Shadow
02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
rolling blackouts in Texas today, probably not going to get much work done :(

Amberjoy
02-02-2011, 04:58 PM
rolling blackouts in Texas today, probably not going to get much work done :(

Good luck. At least your not getting 186 mph wind from a cyclone! Some of my internet friends in Ozyland are dealing with that. ugh! Now don't you feel better? :D

Shadow
02-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Good luck. At least your not getting 186 mph wind from a cyclone! Some of my internet friends in Ozyland are dealing with that. ugh! Now don't you feel better? :D

Compared to a lot of other places right now, our weather is really mild. I think the kids being home is more of a distraction than the rolling blackouts. :)

Amberjoy
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Compared to a lot of other places right now, our weather is really mild. I think the kids being home is more of a distraction than the rolling blackouts. :)

Heh, yeah I hear ya. :)

Shadow
02-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I usually have a pretty quiet workplace since I work at home, but this is the 5th snow day the kids have had this year.

Shadow
02-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I just got an NPC out of debt, what's the first thing he did? He bought me a gift and went back into debt. :)

Shadow
02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
making really good head way on my bug list today :)

Shadow
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
I finally fixed a long outstanding proc related bug today :), took forever to track down.

Roswitha
02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I finally fixed a long outstanding proc related bug today :), took forever to track down.

I've been wondering. What's a proc?

Shadow
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I've been wondering. What's a proc?

I think it's an old MUD term but I could be wrong about that. Anyway it refers to things like 10% chance to cast a level 4 fire bolt when hit on an item.

Caal
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't stand for this, but I think of it as PRobability Of Casting.

Max_Powers
02-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Found this on a WOWwiki site:

Proc is a common term used primarily in game programming to refer to an event - a "procedure" - triggered under particular circumstances. For example, in WoW, a particular weapon (that hits many times) might have a 10% chance on each hit to apply a special effect, such as poison damage. When WoW users talk about "how often this weapon procs", they are talking about the likelihood of the special effect occurring.

Proc was originally short for "spec_proc" (spec_proc is short for "special procedure") which is a term used by the original programmer of Circle-MUD, Jeremy Elson. It might have been used as well by the original programmers of diku-MUD as well. Special procedures in Circle-MUD are functions that can be assigned to objects, players, and locations in the world such that each time an event occurs, the special procedure function will be invoked. Special procedures were used in Circle-MUD for a wide variety of purposes: Creating room events when a person typed a specific string of text, causing a weapon or piece of armor to perform a magical action, and even causing a MOB (mobile) to do something that it wouldn't normally do.[1]

Special procedures were a way of creating unique experiences that could not be achieved by simply building the dungeon and populating it with monsters. Special procedures breathed life into these worlds by introducing extra coding that enhanced the gamer's experience without changing the underlying structure or function of the code-base. If you ever played a MUD and were walking around in a dungeon and randomly saw the text "You feel as though you are being watched," that was probably a special procedure.[citation needed]

When developers and players were talking about these special procedures they abbreviated the term to "proc". Over time the noun also became a verb, "proced" ("proc'd" or "procced"), which meant that the special procedure was invoked and performed its action. Most often, players were concerned about their weapons and whether or not the weapon would perform its special attack (a proc), and so proc must have started to take on a narrower meaning for MMORPG players who were somewhat more removed from the core combat engine and flat world of MUDs.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

Roswitha
02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

Shadow
02-15-2011, 03:53 PM
improved a ton of skills so far today for the next Din's Curse patch

Roswitha
02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Excellent!

Shadow
02-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I wish I could ignore marketing and just work on games :(

DeathKnight1728
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I wish I could ignore marketing and just work on games :(

Im with you on that. That might mean 5 more expansions for all the lost time from marketing. :D

Crisses
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Im with you on that. That might mean 5 more expansions for all the lost time from marketing. :D

101 reasons to post to your own facebook page/twitter feed/blog/etc. about Din's Curse. Ask your favorite review site to review it. Sneak it in on replies to posts on Slashdot. Whatever your favorite place(s) to hang out -- or hang out online -- are. I'll go put my money where my mouth is and post to my thousand contacts -- at least some of whom are geek-gamers.... :) Reverse psychology. I can ping.fm to facebook, twitter, linkedin: "Whatever you do DON'T try the Din's Curse demo! -- but if you do, I'll see you soon in multiplayer. :) http://soldak.com"

http://twitter.com/revCriss :)

Bluddy
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Since Shadow brought up marketing, I have the following to say (I hope I haven't made these points before. Getting deja vu... hope I'm wrong):

1. Improve the site. I know other people have said this, but it's worth repeating. The site is very functional, but it's not attractive. You don't know how many times I almost downloaded the demo, but the site together with the price drove me away. The price is a constant that's needed for Soldak to survive. But to make it look like you're getting a professional product in return, I think it's worth putting some money into the site to make it look good. I think it'll pay for itself.

2. Now that the expansion is out, make a Din's Curse Gold edition at a slight discount. For the next expansion, you can make a platinum edition. There's a reason companies do this: humans are generally completists. When I buy a product, I want to feel like I'm getting the full experience, especially when I buy some unfamiliar brand. I don't want to feel like I'm being suckered into something that'll then force me to buy some other thing to get the full experience. I think BTW this is one of the things that's hurting Arcen. Expansions make sense for Indies because you can polish up your product without cannibalizing sales of the earlier product, but there needs to be a 'complete edition' for the newbie.

3. Place all order links on the same page, in a clear way. I should be able to see Din's Curse at $19.99, Demon War at $9.99, and Din's Curse Gold Edition (includes music mp3s) for say $27.99. Then let the magic of human choice do its thing.

4. Make the role of each game clear. DoP establishes the franchise and the universe. Kivi... probably shouldn't highlight it too much. It's for a different market. You could say, 'Like games on your iPhone? Kivi is just the game for you'. DC is the newest and bestest game. This order makes it clear to the customer what he/she should go for. Debating between DoP and DC for a while helped me buy neither.

5. First page of the site should be big quotes from reviews and an embedded video. Most users have never heard of Soldak or its games, so the more you can show how great the game is, the better.

6. Get DoP into next year's Humble Indie Bundle ASAP. You'll get a huge following (Soldak games are very mainstream -- they just need to be given a chance), a bunch of money, and serious demand for a DoP expansion.

Crisses
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I like everything you said.

I'm a web designer in my not-spare time (amongst many other things). My focus is not graphics -- I'm content-oriented in my personal web choices. The organization of the information on the site, for me, is prime. And what it says. I agree with Bluddie though -- most people need a certain visual experience. My son actually meant to purchase DC I think, but we ended up getting DoP first, because it's so hard to tell from the site what it is that you're getting into. DoP was good but when I tried the DC demo, I was hooked and in the hole for another $30 ;) The Kivi demo proves to me that it's just not my thing.

A website that prominently features the demos is 100% necessary. Get them to try it. They'll buy it. Your ideal customers will NOT be able to pass it up if you can just get them to try it.

And I think we need a talking fan-made walk-through. Not just someone who is playing a level 100 character silently. Someone who gripes about the experiences as they go through it. "Ok, brand new character, what do I want...." Shit, I'd do it -- maybe I should do it in a sexy Mae West voice to take advantage of all the RPG testosterone out there :)

Ooooh -- Hold a contest! "Best DC demo gets the next X expansions free." Costs you NOTHING, your loyal fans like me and Bluddie would figure out some way (windowed ?? eep) to record gameplay. I can't believe my partner (Christopher -- yeah Criss & Chris) watched like 20 hours of someone playing Fallout New Vegas and bitching the whole time. LOL And Chris said he's even a lousy player but he enjoyed watching this guy play more than playing himself. LOL

I'd record an appx 2 hour dungeon play complete with "Shit, shit, shit where's the fn portal shit! Run Forrest Run!" And my best Mae West "Hi, Din, is that a mallet in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"

Roswitha
02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I like everything you said.
I'd record an appx 2 hour dungeon play complete with "Shit, shit, shit where's the fn portal shit! Run Forrest Run!" And my best Mae West "Hi, Din, is that a mallet in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"

Hopefully afterward you'd go through and clean up some of the language? Don't want to turn off some of the mainstream players... :)

Crisses
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Hopefully afterward you'd go through and clean up some of the language? Don't want to turn off some of the mainstream players... :)

"Just keepin' it real, B." -- Faith. I'm born & bred in Brooklyn. If I'm uncorked, that's how I'll talk. I watch my manners 9-5+ and in front of the kids. If the rules of the contest are "no cussin'" I'll use 50's TV show language. "Shoot, Shoot, Shoot, Shoot...Where's the forking portal?" :)

Shadow
03-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I think I'm finally done with all of the company taxes for a while :)

Crisses
03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Congrats. I wish I were done with mine. For some reason entering invoices and sitting in Soldak.com forums at the same time don't mix.

DeathKnight1728
03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I have a question shadow. Now that the expansion is looking much better than before, will we see many more changes to the game or mostly tweaks and bug fixes?

Shadow
03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I have a question shadow. Now that the expansion is looking much better than before, will we see many more changes to the game or mostly tweaks and bug fixes?

I'm not really sure at the moment.

DeathKnight1728
03-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Shadow, is there any chance in one of the coming patches that dop achievement stat bonuses will make a return in dins curse?

Shadow
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm back to work today after taking a few days off, much more rested now. :)

Shadow
03-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Shadow, is there any chance in one of the coming patches that dop achievement stat bonuses will make a return in dins curse?

It's possible I suppose. I haven't really thought about it.

Castruccio
03-10-2011, 05:59 PM

Well deserved, indeed. Congratulations on the big reviews that have come out in the past couple weeks, by the way.

DeathKnight1728
03-11-2011, 01:28 AM
There are a few things shadow that would be better if properly balanced. If you can look at them that would be awesome.

Paladin:

Bravery-This aura doesnt seem like it lasts long enough. Recasting it is a pain and considering that the regeneration aura lasts much longer, would it work if bravery got its duration put to 45 seconds or a minute.

Reaver: The reaver needs a few minor tweaks.

Breech-This is a lesser version of armor piercing. Armor piercing gives 35 pierce and 3% dw. Breech gives only 10 armor piercing and more deep wounds. From the look of the picture breech looks very deadly. Maybe instead of upping the armor pierce a lot, up the armor piercing to 15 and add a little critical bonus. 3% Percent. That way armor pierce for the assassin will always give more and breech will be unique.

The reaver also only gets .2% damage bonus while he should be at .3% since he is the twohanded weapon user. Any class that specializes in two-handed weapons should deal the most natural damage. The weapon master gets the same damage bonus and also has double masteries-arms mastery and all other weapons. Upping the damage by 1 wont hurt.

Thief: Not much else for the thief class. I do think that the concentrations would be cooler if you get 1 second off the reuse times per skill level. That would mean that at lvl 20, you get to use the skill 3 minutes and 10 seconds less. Not a bad deal.

Im still experimenting with the demon hunter class so ill add more when i can.

Crisses
03-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Not sure this is the right forum for this...

Thief: Not much else for the thief class. I do think that the concentrations would be cooler if you get 1 second off the reuse times per skill level. That would mean that at lvl 20, you get to use the skill 3 minutes and 10 seconds less. Not a bad deal.

I think the math here is off. 20 levels = 20 seconds less? 1/3 of a minute. Not 3 minutes 10 seconds. Did you want to shave more seconds off per level than 1? Yes, more cooldown times should decrease &/or durations increase per skill level in the game.

DeathKnight1728
03-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes that is what i meant to say. So at lvl 20, you would get 20 seconds off. If you went a whole 30 levels (which would be hard), you'd get them to recharge in 3 minutes. The reason this makes sense is because 4 minutes is a lot to wait.

DeathKnight1728
03-14-2011, 02:00 PM

We all need a break now and then. Shadow I was wondering if we will see the next patch sometime this week. Im very exited about it and because spring break is here, it gives me something to look forward when at work :D

Shadow
03-14-2011, 02:51 PM
We all need a break now and then. Shadow I was wondering if we will see the next patch sometime this week. Im very exited about it and because spring break is here, it gives me something to look forward when at work :D

I am hoping to get a patch out this week.

Shadow
03-15-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm working on Din's Curse 1.023 today.

Shadow
03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Is it good or bad news when I reviewer tells you he no longer reviews games but is going to buy your expansion?

DeathKnight1728
03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
He has time to play your game, but doesnt have time to review it. Laziness or lack of time. I would say good news. As long as he has time to play the game that equals a chance to be astounded by it. Anyone that is astounded by a game to that degree will usually feel like telling people about it:)

Shadow
03-18-2011, 06:18 PM
He has time to play your game, but doesnt have time to review it. Laziness or lack of time.

In this case it was a job change, just not a game reviewer any more.

Shadow
03-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I've been working on improving our website most of the day. Hopefully people think it looks better. :) I have a few more things left to do though.

Jack67
03-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I like the website changes. Very slick and easier on the eye.

Shadow
03-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Watching the movie Brazil over a 3 day span and reading the book 1984 during the same span is kind of strange.

Bluddy
03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Watching the movie Brazil over a 3 day span and reading the book 1984 during the same span is kind of strange.

Awesome movie, but way too long. Never thought of splitting it up like that. Was it a little confusing? The movie and the book are so similar in theme (at least what I remember of the book)

Shadow
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome movie, but way too long. Never thought of splitting it up like that. Was it a little confusing? The movie and the book are so similar in theme (at least what I remember of the book)

We didn't really mean to split it up on 3 days, that's just how our free time worked out.

It was a little hard remembering where everything was when I restarted watching or reading because I had to sort out which story was which.

Shadow
03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm starting to seriously look at the Mac App Store today.

Shadow
03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Also looking at getting Din's Curse on Desura today.

Shadow
04-05-2011, 12:31 PM
getting work done while kittens are being born literally where my feet should be is difficult

Roswitha
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
getting work done while kittens are being born literally where my feet should be is difficult

Congratulations!

I don't suppose the mother can be persuaded to move?

I remember discovering kittens in my sister's sock drawer and another time in the laundry pile.

Shadow
04-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Actually I tried to stick her into a basket with towels in it so she would give birth there, but she kept trying to cuddle with my feet no matter what I did. I finally stuck the basket under my desk and put my feet in it. Then she was willing to stay in the basket. Once she started having contractions I could finally move without her following. Although we didn't move the basket out from under my desk until a few of the kittens were born.

Shadow
04-05-2011, 05:52 PM
despite kittens making some progress on 1.024 patch today

DarkShrike
04-05-2011, 08:45 PM
despite kittens making some progress on 1.024 patch today

At first I read the above as "desperate kittens"...

Wow, no time for weaning in your household. Get to work! (Cracks whip)

Shadow
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm hoping to have DC beta 1.024 out tomorrow.

Shadow
04-15-2011, 11:24 AM
It's not a good start to the day when you wake up and the server is down. :(

Shadow
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
The last couple of days I've been working on version 1.016 of Depths of Peril.

Castruccio
04-15-2011, 05:48 PM
That's fantastic news.

DeathKnight1728
04-16-2011, 02:04 AM
The last couple of days I've been working on version 1.016 of Depths of Peril.

Oh cool!! Any major things or just some balance changes?

Roswitha
04-16-2011, 01:23 PM
I remember when I first played DoP, I was really interested in the main quest line, so I pushed that all the way through and it... ended. No reward, no celebration, just no more quests. I haven't played in a while but I'm hoping that's been addressed, or will be soon. :)

Castruccio
04-16-2011, 04:23 PM
I remember when I first played DoP, I was really interested in the main quest line, so I pushed that all the way through and it... ended. No reward, no celebration, just no more quests. I haven't played in a while but I'm hoping that's been addressed, or will be soon. :)

There are more randomly generated quests, but there are no more scripted story quests until you start a new town, at which point you can start the scripted story quests over again. Are you looking for fireworks like when Din frees you in DC, or a chest of some kind? The reward chest that comes whenever you defeat a covenant, and the big one that comes when you win a town, were (and continue to be) incentive enough for me to play the game many times through.

Bluddy
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
There are more randomly generated quests, but there are no more scripted story quests until you start a new town, at which point you can start the scripted story quests over again. Are you looking for fireworks like when Din frees you in DC, or a chest of some kind? The reward chest that comes whenever you defeat a covenant, and the big one that comes when you win a town, were (and continue to be) incentive enough for me to play the game many times through.

Since DoP has a story component, it would be nice if it had a nice, real ending to that story. A cinematic, or even a book describing the effect of your actions would be nice.

udm
04-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh cool!! Any major things or just some balance changes?
I'd like to know what's changed too! Really exciting to hear that one of my most favourite games is still being worked on.

Shadow
04-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm hoping the Depths of Peril 1.016 beta patch will be out tomorrow. So not much longer to find out about changes. :)

Castruccio
04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
So exciting!

udm
04-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm hoping the Depths of Peril 1.016 beta patch will be out tomorrow. So not much longer to find out about changes. :)
Arrrrggghhhh *scratches self while huddled in a corner*

Castruccio
04-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Shadow posted this to his twitter feed on Friday but it hasn't appeared on the forums or in this thread yet: "split the codebase today for the new game and finally started the real design process".

Pretty exciting news.

Bluddy
04-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Ooh exciting!

Tar Palantir
04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
i'm also looking forward to finding out more about this! :-)

Shadow
04-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Oops, I meant to post that here.

Shadow
04-26-2011, 01:38 PM
We've decided we are going to talk about our new project really early this time, going to have some fun hinting first though. :)

udm
04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Tease!!!!!

Tar Palantir
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Nice!!! :D

Warfran
04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Great stuff Steven!!

I'm glad you decided to go ahead with early info about the new project, it will be fun guessing for a bit anyway lol. Now I can have two games to constantly search for news about, Diablo 3 being the other.

DeathKnight1728
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
We've decided we are going to talk about our new project really early this time, going to have some fun hinting first though. :)

Well since depths of peril and dins curse were heavy arpgs with fast paces, i would say the next project might be a slower party-based arpg that might be like baldurs gate and icewind dale series.

Bluddy
04-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Well since depths of peril and dins curse were heavy arpgs with fast paces, i would say the next project might be a slower party-based arpg that might be like baldurs gate and icewind dale series.

I don't know how that kind of game would fare with an open beta. I think there has to be randomness or at least replayability for an open beta to succeed. Otherwise people will get bored after experiencing the story in the beta.

I really hope that the next game takes place in the same world, and that we get more tasty story chunks like in DoP.

Maledictus
04-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Well, I think that in this case guessing actually means sharing with the world what it is you would like to see... Still, I'll base my guess on past experiences.

To me both DoP and DC are essentially strategy games, with ARPG sauce. You're fighting the world (or dungeons), and the world fights back. It's your job to be best prepared, pick the right fights, and defeat the world. So, I think the next thing might just be something that leans more towards strategy (after all, the dev used to be part of Relic).
Just to cover more ground I'm guessing that Soldak likes the idea of "A Valley Without Wind" just as much as I do (based on the aspect of randomization) so maybe the new game has more to do with exploration. Which would be very cool.

Shadow
04-27-2011, 09:31 AM
(after all, the dev used to be part of Relic)

Actually I worked at Ritual, not Relic.

Bluddy
04-27-2011, 10:00 AM

That's right. I remembered reading you worked on FAKK2 and other shooters, which is why the strategy bit didn't make sense.

Aganazer
04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I am rooting for a Crusader: No Remorse style sci-fi RPG with a System Shock SHODAN-like environment AI that screws with the player. Lots of puzzles, in depth crafting, and a survival horror aspect. It will be a little less hack'n'slash and more immersive.

:)

Maledictus
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Cr@p, sry 'bout that. I hate making that sort of mistake...

Warfran
04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Well I hope the new game will be a more full out RPG, maybe a really fleshed out Din's Curse world.

I think I have read that Steven always had an interest in developing a true RPG game. More in the lines of Avernum or Eschalon but with something like the Din's engine, that would be incredible.
I know that would be a ton of work, but if I'm going to guess I'm guessing big :D

Shadow
04-27-2011, 05:56 PM
My first official hint about our next game is that we have already accidentally given a bunch of hints in tweets, forum posts, and blogs. :)

Castruccio
04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
My bet is that it is either a turn-based RPG or a strategy game. Or an RPG/strategy hybrid? We know this much: you're not going to alienate the DoP or Din's audiences, so it will be something with deep game play and procedurally generated content. I suspect that it is highly unlikely that it is another action RPG.

Maledictus
04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
My first official hint about our next game is that we have already accidentally given a bunch of hints in tweets, forum posts, and blogs. :)
It's gonna be a cooking sim set in a runaway truck that roams an open world randomly populated by rival feline factions. Not sure how to cram MOO in there though...
Also not sure what the aim of the game is. Yet.

DeathKnight1728
04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Shadow-"Now that I think about it, Pop Cap doing Kivi on Windows, Macs, and the iPhone/iPad with a Plants vs Zombies art style would have been pretty cool. :)"

Its going to be a plants vs. zombies type game, or not. Either way, i think it might be something like KU because that would make sense.

longshot
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Just thinking of the possibilities for future games is exciting. Some thing like DoP 2 with random towns, even more dynamic quests, world modifiers, and multiplayer would just rock.

I'm guessing Depths of Peril 2 :)

Warfran
04-28-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm guessing Depths of Peril 2 :)

Steven already confirmed it isn't DoP2-http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3726

Maledictus
04-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Actually, with Kivi getting much attention these days (the post-mortem) and the way it's regarded by Soldak, it may very well be that the next game is Kivi done right. So to say. I still think MOO has something to do with it though...

Shouldn't we put this guessing stuff in it's own thread, so we don't pollute the tweets too much?

udm
04-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Master of Orion?

Aganazer
04-28-2011, 12:02 PM

The most obvious one is this quote:

Just thinking of the possibilities for future games is exciting. Some thing like DoP 2 with random towns, even more dynamic quests, world modifiers, and multiplayer would just rock.Working on seeing how hard it would to be play movies in the engine today (nothing fancy of course). -> Finally have my movie code working correctly, just need to clean up a little bit and get it working on the Mac. -> Got all of my movie stuff finished finally, including support for the Mac and all of the little details. :) I was investigating.working on movie stuff because we might add some kind of intro movie to the expansion. Nothing really fancy of course since we don't have an entire department devoted solely to cinematics.

Shadow
04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Ok, I setup a new forum for the next game here (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28). Right now it will probably just be guessing at what we are doing, but eventually we'll use it for real discussion about the next game.

Shadow
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
I've been playing and looking at a bunch of games this week for design ideas. I can't say which ones yet because that wouldn't be a hint. :)

Aganazer
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I've been playing and looking at a bunch of games this week for design ideas. I can't say which ones yet because that wouldn't be a hint. :)

It must be great to play games all week and call it "research". :p

Warfran
04-28-2011, 04:19 PM

That's what I tell my wife too, and I'm in the newspaper industry lol.

Shadow
04-28-2011, 04:39 PM

It's usually not as fun as it sounds. It's kind of like a writer reading the first chapter or the blurb on the back of like 50 books. You get a feel for the game/book, but you really aren't "playing/reading" it. So far I've played or looked at about 30 games in the past few days.

Now I might actually play a few of them more and that would probably be fun. :)

Shadow
04-28-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm now putting direct hint tweets over in a hints thread (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3772) in the new game forum instead of here.

DeathKnight1728
04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I know this question should be asked in the other forum but, this idea and game's been in development for a while hasnt it? ;)

Shadow
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
I know this question should be asked in the other forum but, this idea and game's been in development for a while hasnt it? ;)

We've been working on the art for a little while, the design was really just started, and code wise the only thing that has happened is the codebase was split.

Shadow
05-16-2011, 05:41 PM
did some external work today, got paid $6

Manumitted
05-16-2011, 08:26 PM

Darn, it sounds like you quit right before the big pay raise arrived. It would've been over 500% more if you'd stuck it out another day.

Warfran
05-16-2011, 10:15 PM

I know you design and make great games, but what else can you do? At that price I could use a little help around here. ;)

udm
05-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Washed someone's car? :P

Manumitted
05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I know you design and make great games, but what else can you do? At that price I could use a little help around here. ;)

For $6, you can get him to show up, sit around for a few hours, and maybe answer a few boring questions. If you're well-connected.

Shadow
05-17-2011, 09:19 AM
my cryptic tweet yesterday was about jury duty btw :)

Warfran
05-17-2011, 10:53 AM
my cryptic tweet yesterday was about jury duty btw :)

Ah, that explains it, offer off the table then.

Shadow
05-24-2011, 04:44 PM
space game already looking cool: very pretty backgrounds and ships flying around

Bluddy
05-24-2011, 04:58 PM
space game already looking cool: very pretty backgrounds and ships flying around

Wow -- that was fast!

Shadow
05-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Added thruster items today - controls your ship's max speed, turn speed, acceleration, etc.

Shadow
05-25-2011, 06:05 PM
engine items are now in also - provides power for the other ship components

Shadow
05-27-2011, 04:56 PM
added battery, shield, armor, computer, and jammer items for next game

udm
05-28-2011, 04:24 AM
For items like jammer, will there also be only a few fixed choices, or many different variations based on permutations of their abilities?

Shadow
05-30-2011, 11:00 AM
For items like jammer, will there also be only a few fixed choices, or many different variations based on permutations of their abilities?

I'm thinking there will be a lot of them.

Shadow
05-31-2011, 11:46 AM
been doing lots of research in the last few days, mostly on wikipedia - ECM, gravitons, nanotechnology, fusion, armor, etc

DeathKnight1728
05-31-2011, 01:34 PM
been doing lots of research in the last few days, mostly on wikipedia - ECM, gravitons, nanotechnology, fusion, armor, etc

Christian Network Guy-"Alright roll with me on this one people, Sally Struthers (Queen of the Hutts) has a tiberium junker with a massive tractor beam. We need an anti-tractor beam disruptor to spread the word of jesus."

Sorry, just couldnt resist. This talk of space things reminded me of that episode.

Shadow
05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
I might just have to add an anti-tractor beam disruptor now. :)

Shadow
06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I think I can now research new games solely on wikipedia.

Shadow
06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
I've added almost 400 items to our space game today

Shadow
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
now have 203, 1015, or 5075 items in the space game depending on how you count

Shadow
06-07-2011, 04:47 PM
trying to name all of the races today

DeathKnight1728
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
trying to name all of the races today

One of the races should be Sensbane. Something dark, ghastly and demonic.

Shadow
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
now only have 3 slot types so you have harder choices of what to equip

Shadow
06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
added a bunch more items today, some examples - Advanced Injector, Power Harmonic Control, Nanowire Recharger, and Dynamic voltage Scaler

Maledictus
06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Something about all this reminds me of Alpha Centauri. I remember reading a retrospective which said that it didn't reach the audience it should have because the techs had such exotic names that their function wasn't immediately clear when looking at these names; players had to read the explanations to find out what the techs actually did. After a while players remembered the details for the techs but the initial learning curve was higher than that of Civ because of this, which in turn made players stay away. I fondly remember my time with SMAC, it was a great and atmospheric game, and the tech thing didn't bother me (I had the tech tree poster on my wall so all I needed to know was there at a glance).
Thought it was worth a mention.

Shadow
06-09-2011, 06:13 PM
That could be true. In our case the stats that an item modifies will only be a few lines down though.

Shadow
06-10-2011, 06:16 PM
now have attributes in: tactical, helmsman, structural, engineering, computers, & captain

Shadow
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
you can now find crew to boost your stats (they take an inventory slot though)

Shadow
06-14-2011, 06:10 PM
made weapons work a lot better today (targeting, feedback, etc)

Shadow
06-16-2011, 07:25 PM
star systems now have a star and a bunch of random planets

Shadow
06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
planets now rotate and have decent lighting from the local star

Shadow
06-21-2011, 05:47 PM
another day of making the space game prettier - lighting from the stars & planets, spec map, emissive map, etc.

Bluddy
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
How's the work going with the factions, history and stuff -- is Delilah working on that?

Shadow
06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
How's the work going with the factions, history and stuff -- is Delilah working on that?

I pretty much know who/what are the factions are now. I haven't done much past that yet.

Shadow
06-22-2011, 04:47 PM
now building a random galaxy full of stars and planets, looks kind of pretty even with temp art

Shadow
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
working on minimap, system map, and galaxy map today

Shadow
06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
fixed a bug today that has probably been there for over 6 years, not sure if I should be happy or annoyed

Bluddy
06-25-2011, 02:57 PM
fixed a bug today that has probably been there for over 6 years, not sure if I should be happy or annoyed

Which bug is that?

Shadow
06-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Which bug is that?

It was a vertex normal/lighting type of bug in our model converter. Very few people probably ever noticed it in our other games but it is was very obvious on the lighting on the planets in the next game.

Shadow
06-27-2011, 01:35 PM
supreme court rejects violent video game law :) - http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-06-27-supreme-court-violent-video-games_n.htm

Shadow
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
it's still mostly empty, but exploring the galaxy is kind of fun

ebarstad
06-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Stop teasing me and just take my money!

Shadow
06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
There are now actual races in the game. They don't do much yet except make the galaxy more interesting (system names are color coded).

Roswitha
07-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Of course my first thought was "Who are you racing?"

Shadow
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
planets now generate food, minerals, technology, and credits for inhabitants of the planet

Shadow
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
have now planned how a lot of the race AI is going to work (scouting, colonizing, attacking, etc.)

Shadow
07-07-2011, 05:44 PM
now each of the races is sending scouts around the galaxy to learn where everything is

Shadow
07-11-2011, 05:17 PM
my wifi router that has been working fine for over a year suddenly stopped working today, nothing I did helped until I moved it up 1 inch :(

Bluddy
07-11-2011, 05:35 PM
my wifi router that has been working fine for over a year suddenly stopped working today, nothing I did helped until I moved it up 1 inch :(

Weird. Could be that a neighbor installed a new wifi router competing for the same channel...?

Shadow
07-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Weird. Could be that a neighbor installed a new wifi router competing for the same channel...?

I actually tried to manually set it to a bunch of different channels (instead of auto) and it didn't help.

Shadow
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
it used to be entities only had to be able to path find about 50 feet in our games, now they need to find their way across the galaxy

jacksmith13
07-12-2011, 08:52 PM
yeah ! i enjoyed a lot . . !

Shadow
07-13-2011, 06:10 PM
races are now sending colony ships out to colonize good planets that their scouts have found

Shadow
07-14-2011, 05:37 PM
races can now build ships so they are now able to scout and colonize the entire galaxy

Shadow
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
now races actually guard their planets

Shadow
07-20-2011, 05:11 PM
now that "monsters" are back in the game it takes the races a lot longer to scout and colonize the galaxy :)

Shadow
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
races can now go to war with each other and attack/destroy each others fleets and planets

Shadow
07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
started working on quests today for the new space game

Shadow
07-28-2011, 06:03 PM
if congress was in a building on fire they would blame each other and argue how to prevent fires but wouldn't do anything about the fire

Shadow
07-29-2011, 05:31 PM
changing a lot of quest related things (can get many quests directly from race, can choose which quests to solve, increased max, etc.)

Shadow
08-01-2011, 10:18 AM
A company recently wired an $8 payment to us and then the bank gladly took their $15 fee. Sigh, does no one have any common sense any more?

Shadow
08-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I've added almost 20 quests so far today

Shadow
08-04-2011, 04:30 PM
researching lots of quest ideas today

Shadow
08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
my search history lately has been strange :) - hypercanes, super novas, how to stop tornadoes, mutants, plagues, geomagnetic storms, etc

Shadow
08-11-2011, 01:46 PM
more fun searches today - super crops, hydroxyl apocalypse, emp, chemical weapons, quantum split, and zombies

Shadow
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
finally stopped researching and fleshing out quests and started implementing them again - first up civil unrest

Shadow
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
some things added today - rebel quests, civil war, more rebel quests :), and hopefully soon empires splitting into 2

Roswitha
08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Any Jedi? :D

Shadow
08-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Any Jedi? :D

That did all sound like Star Wars stuff, didn't it? That was actually just a coincidence. :)

Shadow
08-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Got empire splitting working, should lead to some interesting things :)

Shadow
08-17-2011, 12:03 PM
some quests/events added today - gamma ray burst, crop failure, mega earthquake, magnetic field shift, super swarm, and hypercane