View Full Version : Easiest way to "Unlock" Subraces?
11-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi, first post...Absolutely love the game & have been playing since 1.014.
Currently on 1.031 with IotA.
I have unlocked all but 3 of the subraces mainly by doing challenges again: The mutant ones.
I however have not been able to unlock any of the Brunt or Scavenger subraces.
Doing traitor quests just lowers my standings with them & I have not even seen their subraces in over 150+ sectors ranging from level 0-200.
How do I get to unlock them?????
Is there any way to use the scavengers Gorgers on any other ship besides Scavenger & their subraces?:confused:
11-07-2013, 01:24 PM
For the subraces that aren't in the challenges, your best bet is to help them whenever their quest shows up on their host race.
The scavenger components are scavenger only.
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
How to unlock subraces:
1. Many subraces are in the challenge sectors: AI, Ape, Clone, etc...
2. Some subraces can be unlocked by letting a specific disease take its course with a specific race.
For example, leave paranoia untreated on a Shadow planet while solving all other quests and protecting the planet, and eventually, the Shadow will ask for your help with a group of citizens whose condition has become hereditary. Do not eradicate them! Instead find a rebel ship in the system, and do their quest to escalate the riots into civil war, and then help them again to take over. Once they win the planet, you will have unlocked the Shadow subrace Paranoia.
You can make it more likely that a random disease starts on a particular race's planet is you fail to solve a Boss/raid quest. That way you can unlock Xenophobia, Infection, etc... just make sure you match the right race with the right disease.
3. Other subraces are very similar to the above, except that the subrace riots happens at random, as opposed to being caused by a disease. Sometimes Ultimate Weapon/Zombies/Asexuals just happen to appear on a Fringe/Shadow/Lithosoid world. Once that happen proceed as above.
4. There are races that I have never seen emerge on a race's planet. The way I unlocked the Pirates, for example, was by colonizing a planet for a race that was looking for allies. I guess that anyone can appear that way, but you have a chance in about fifty, so do not hold your breath unlocking the subrace you need.
So, if you want to unlock a specific subrace, this is what I did to unlock Barbarians, Soldiers and Weapon.
- I started the challenge sector that has Brunt and Fringe fighting each other.
- I waited for an Ancient Nexium ship to appear and flew to that system. I declared war on both sides, killed their defenders, killed all monsters attacking the destroyer and got it off my tail by making it enter a planet's gravity well while I was double boosting. Then I repeated the process until it took all planets in the sector.
- I helped the Nexium until they established themselves firmly in the sector, and started a war with the Brunt and Cortex. At the same time, I was killing both Brunt and Fringe so that none of them wiped the other one off, while stockpiling solved quests for both sides.
- I turned in the quests for the Fringe, which allowed me to sign a peace treaty with them. I used rumors to make the Fringe like the Brunt, and turned in the quests for the Brunt, which allowed me to sign a peace with them as well. I used rumors to make the Brunt like the Fringe, and made them sign a ceasefire. All these quests had made the Nexium hate both me and the other races, so soon enough it was Drox, Brunt and Fringe vs Nexium.
- The sector was locked in a equilibrium. Brunt and Fringe could not take over the Nexium sector, because Ancients are insanely powerful once they get going. Nexium could not burst out of their sector, because I was patrolling the exit.
- So I just waited (took two hours and a half) until all the Brunt/Fringe subraces (except for Pirate) got unlocked. By that time, I also had both Fringe and Brunt rebels and the Ultimate Weapon made me resurrect a race that turned out to be Reaper. By the end of the sector (economy win) I had seven races in there. (Some died before that)
02-21-2014, 07:35 PM
first of all the game is awesome have been playing since hours, since i bought it last week.
Nice description how to unlock subraces. What really interests me is how to unlock the one dryad subrace as well as the ones from fringe. Could anyone help me with that?
02-24-2014, 07:09 PM
The Mutants (Dryad subrace) are easy: they appear in one of the early Challenge sectors, so just play those... I think it's the one called "End of the World".
The Fringe subraces are the Genetic Soldiers and the Ultimate Weapon.
The former is relatively easy, because Genetic Soldiers are sometimes deployed and get out of control on planets that are rioting. So just help the Fringe grow, and then fail to solve their riot quests.
The latter I am not sure about. I guess you just have to wait for them to show up on their own.
Thanks on info tuidju been struglin with unlockin any of fringe subraces.Now i have direction...
Now if someone could post info about at least nature of event that befals fringe planet before developing Ultimate weapon...
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.