PDA

View Full Version : Planescape Torment Anyone?

ttomm46
11-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi
Got it from GOG a few days ago..Lots and lots of dialog and a pretty grim view of death and a really weird world..Has anyone ever played this before?
Tom:)

DeathKnight1728
11-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi tom, i played it too much but never got past the godsman faction part. There was a glitch and i couldnt beat the quest. Its a good game, just no bg :)

If you want to have a fun time playing the game, join the chaosmen, those guys rule!

caldazar
11-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I started playing it a few times - but I tend to get distracted easily with games. Eventually ended up trading it in. I enjoyed what I did play,and was happy with the party AI/control system.

torikamal
11-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Planescape Torment--In my top 5 RPG's of all time. Just stunning.
An actual example of a role playing game. You actually completely sculpt your character--you can fight through enemies, or actually talk your way through most major situations if you've dropped your points in smarts.

They'll never make a sequel, but I'm secretly hoping they will.

udm
11-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Not me. Whoever picks up the license will probably "try to sell it to the masses", and we all know what that remark often entails. :o

DeathKnight1728
11-20-2010, 01:52 PM
To be honest i think that the game has a better story than even bg1, 2 and icewind dale 1 and 2. Its just so unique. The other thing that is cool is that the stats you get in the game all have an effect on your character which is unique compared to the other infinity engine games. I remember in baldurs gate- strength, dex, constitution, were the only stats that mattered for your character if they were combat. The rest had no effect on fighters, thieves, and other combat characters. Its too bad that they dont make some kind of sequel to it (even if it isnt related), such a great game.

ttomm46
11-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah..i'm slogging away at it...Morte cracks me up.:)

xorch
11-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Torment was an amazing game hands down if only for the fact that it stretched the boundary of what a crpg was supposed to be to the degree where I felt like I was running a pen and paper game with my friends!

The combat or relative lack thereof was a bit disappointing but it did leave much more time to explore the amazingly detailed world that had been laid out for the players.

Agreed. Great game!
-xorch