PDA

View Full Version : Move while using arrows?

JoelS
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
In the latest patch this seems to be gone? I can't run from the bigger monsters and shoot at them while healing. I really liked that in 1.08. I assume this is the case as it's mentioned on the patch page. But why? And can someone make a mod to put it back? I'm no good at stuff like that.

DeathKnight1728
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
The reason this was taken out is because its almost too good and very unrealistic. Show me a guy realistically who can shoot a bow while healing and hightailing away from a mob of monsters. The other reason it was done is to make it more balanced for melee characters since they have a tougher time surviving.

If you want a mod made for it, im sure someone around here could do that as its not a big change at all. I would do it for you, but i dont know modding.

JoelS
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Well, I'm not an archer, but I and several others that I shoot with, can accurately engage targets with pistols while running at high speed. I don't think it would be that unrealistic to be able to do that with a bow for someone who is quite skilled and put in sufficient practice time.

But I would like a mod for it. I'll post in the mods forum. Thanks.

Bak
11-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I made the suggestion before (please please please :D ) that there be *some* movement with bows and spells. Make it a slowdown (like when stamina is used up), and only make it a standstill if stamina is actually used up. That would allow for some strategy when using arrows/spells.

It is a bit annoying to be stuck while using barbed arrow for the full 1.5 seconds. At the very least, allow movement after the arrow is shot (and before the skill can be used again).

Shadow
11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
The Allow Movement While Casting mod on our mod page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html) should allow movement while shooting arrows.

JoelS
11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
The Allow Movement While Casting mod on our mod page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html) should allow movement while shooting arrows.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

NTJedi
11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Actually it should be possible to shoot while moving, however their should be a significant decrease in accuracy as compared to standing still.... just like in real life.
Shooting at a moving target while standing still is significantly easier than shooting at a moving target while running. Perhaps we'll see this for an expansion.

Roswitha
11-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Also keeping in mind that you don't have to pull your other hand back by your ear to fire a pistol. :)

Bak
11-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Also keeping in mind that you don't have to pull your other hand back by your ear to fire a pistol. :)

Ah, but quarterbacks can throw a football on the run, and that requires a hand by the ear. :)

Feral23
12-31-2010, 01:02 AM
seconded. some movement while shooting should be allowed, imho