PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse: Overdrive

Sohldad
11-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I was goofing around with DC and made a mod. I made it mostly just experimenting with different things. This mod is mainly a spawn increasing mod. Exact details below.
Monster chance per block increased from 50% to 70%.
Monster groups increase from 2-5 to 3-6.
Increased chance for champion monsters from 10% to 20%. This will also increase the chance of elite, boss, etc.
Dungeon depth changed from 5-15 to 10-20.
Increase base XP needed to level by 33%.
Increased starting skill points to 5
Increased skill point gains per level. 5 per level starting, increases by 1 every 4 levels instead of every 5 levels.
Attribute gains increased to 6 per level.
Increased starting money to 7 sliver, 50 copper.
Set, Unique, Artifact, and Legendary items now have more random mods. 3, 4, 5, and 6 respectively.
Included Shadow's Challenge Mod.

Just a warning. Again, I mainly did this mod just to experiment and learn something about modding Din's Curse. As for balance; there probably isn't much. I have done very little testing and not sure how things will work out towards later in the game, or even much in the beginning. :) I just thought I would post this to share what I have done and to see if there is any interest in it.

Overall I was going for a more chaotic dungeon romping experience. Increasing the difficulty by spawn rate and monster changes. The deeper depth may cause quests to take longer to finish. Which would most likely cause more uprisings, wars, town attacks, etc. Along with adding some additional skill/stat points to make things more interesting.

Caal
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm checking this out and I think these lines:

MonsterChancePerBlock 1.0
MinMonstersPerBlock 4
MaxMonstersPerBlock 10

will double the probability of monsters appearing in a particular dungeon block, and will also double the number of monsters in the block when they appear, effectively increasing the total number of monsters by a factor of 4.

At various points I've experimented with most of the other lines you've changed (except for the number of levels) and those changes will work as you expect.

I hope you enjoy modding. :)

Sohldad
11-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, the monster spawn is definitely more than normal. :) I was goofing around with a wizard and having a fun time with it. I'm not much for playing a wizard though. Just from the hour or so I played, I am getting the effect that I wanted.

I changed the rate of normal item drops originally. I tried to get it to where no normal weapons would drop. I made it so no normal items drop at all. This included potions, food, etc. :o :D

I'm not sure how much I'm going to mod, but it's fun just experimenting with everything that can be done.

I also need to hunt down how to increase the champion, elite, etc. monsters. I might increase that and see how it plays out too.

Shadow
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Your welcome to use my changes in the Challenge mod in this mod if you want to.

MonsterChancePerBlock 1.0 will basically make it so there are always monsters in every block (it's a percent number).

The monster rarity stuff is in world.gdb. Look for BaseAreaDungeon and then MonsterChanceCommon.

Caal
11-26-2010, 08:06 PM
If you do not want normal items to drop change (in systems.gdb)

ItemCommonChance 15
to
ItemCommonChance 100

See my post here for how quality is determined.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2960&page=2

Sohldad
11-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks Shadow. If/when I update this I will add it in there. And, I'll have a look in world.gdb.

When I changed the ItemCommonChance to 100; it seemed to have an adverse effect on potions and food too. I believe this is what I changed originally. Vendors where empty and I didn't notice anything else but magic gear dropping. I believe changing ItemNormalRandomMagicModifiers to 1 instead of 0 had the same effect too. I'm not too worried about that though, but I might goof around with it some more.

Sohldad
11-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Uploaded a new version. I've tweaked the spawn rate, increased starting funds a bit and added Shadow's Challenge mod. Thanks again Shadow.

Laborer
12-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks Shadow. If/when I update this I will add it in there. And, I'll have a look in world.gdb.

When I changed the ItemCommonChance to 100; it seemed to have an adverse effect on potions and food too. I believe this is what I changed originally. Vendors where empty and I didn't notice anything else but magic gear dropping. I believe changing ItemNormalRandomMagicModifiers to 1 instead of 0 had the same effect too. I'm not too worried about that though, but I might goof around with it some more.

when i tried doing that i find that you should make it to 99.5 or something because i tried making it 100% once and when i "opened" cauldrons the game would lag and nothing would come out.