PDA

View Full Version : Raising % of enhanced , unique . . ect spawns

xorch
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Have scoured a few of the files and can't seem to find the appropriate parameters for the life of me , any ideas?
-xorch

Shadow
11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Depends on if you are changing monsters or items.

For items, you want to look at the stuff in Database/systems.gdb. You want to change the lines near ItemNormalChance.

For monsters, you want to change the lines in Database/world.gdb around MonsterChanceCommon. Note MonsterChanceCommon shows up in a bunch of places in that file.

xorch
11-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Ahh , I was looking to increase the amount of "special" monster spawns and the number of monsters spawned. Made the tweaks and will be testing.

You crafted an excellent game not to mention it's mod friendliness! I know from browsing the forums that you've heard it alot but you did an amazing job on this game!

The only thing that could possibly make it more amazing would be lan multiplayer to bypass the innate issues with maintaining server costs yourself.

But as far as single player arpgs go I've not had this much fun past Diablo 2 at 15 until Depths of Peril!
-xorch

Shadow
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM
The only thing that could possibly make it more amazing would be lan multiplayer to bypass the innate issues with maintaining server costs yourself.

Our latest game, Din's Curse, has LAN and internet multiplayer.

xorch
11-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Our latest game, Din's Curse, has LAN and internet multiplayer.

I'll have to check that out once my pay comes in! My friends and I have been hunting for a good co-op arpg for the longest time. (Pretty much in vain sadly.) But coming from you guys this should be freaking sweet!

DOP is well worth the $$$ spent far more so than a vast majority of large production titles I've bought in the last 4 years+. Thanks Shadow , you just made a few peoples days on the US east coast! (Now just to convince them that DOP is excellence incarnate so they'll drop a wee bit o' cash when the holiday season is nigh for Din's . . . the campaign begins) :)
-Xorch