PDA

View Full Version : Camera Control

Grimwahr
11-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi all. Has anyone done a camera mod? I can see in the user files lines to changed depth, zdepth and such. I'd love to have the camera pulled out just a bit more, and be able to zoom in etc. Even if you can point me to the correct lines to edit, or if there is a console command, that would be great! Thanks.:)

Hagaar
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Me TOO!! I'd certainly like to be able to "look over" my character's shoulders instead of seeing what's coming as presently given.

How about it Shadow??

Shadow
12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
You can change some things, I won't guarantee that the engine will behave correctly though if you get too far from the default values.

Assuming you are in perspective mode (the default) here's the user vars that control most of the camera stuff:

r_fov - how narrow or wide you field of view is (default 60.0)

r_viewCloseDist - distance from player when zoomed in (default 400.0)

r_viewCloseZ - a value related to camera angle when zoomed in (default 0.7)

r_viewFarDist - distance from player when zoomed out (default 700.0)

r_viewFarZ - a value related to camera angle when zoomed out (default 1.4)

You can change these in the console or your user.cfg file.

Grimwahr
12-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks! :)

Sohldad
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Whoa, cool. That looks much better zoomed out a little more.

forevernomad
03-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Would it be possible to add in game camera controls, like being able to rotate the screen, sometimes things get generated in such a way that it's almost impossible to find them, so it would be nice to be able to turn around, maybe it could give a use for the left and right mapped arrow keys.

Shadow
03-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Would it be possible to add in game camera controls, like being able to rotate the screen, sometimes things get generated in such a way that it's almost impossible to find them, so it would be nice to be able to turn around, maybe it could give a use for the left and right mapped arrow keys.

The renderer can handle that fine, but I would guess that I would have to fix a lot of input related code (clicking on things) to handle rotations.