PDA

View Full Version : Three modding questions

Badday
11-30-2013, 10:37 AM
I tried to post a similar topic a few days ago but it hasn't appeared. Not sure what wrong. That's what i get for posting when i'm bleary-eyed from lack of sleep. :)

1) Is it possible to change which hull the medium/heavy lights appear on? Looking at the hulls file the light/med/heavy variants seem to use the same model, and i didn't see anything that looks to specifically address the lights.

2) Is it possible to change what you get for spending points on skills, or is that hard-coded? For example, could i make each point of Structure add +2 armor? Or each point of Computers add +1 Radar? Stuff like that?

3) The skill bonuses, can these be altered?

I'm mainly just looking for if it's possible, and what file within the db folder (or elsewhere) i need to look in if it is. Nothing too elaborate.

Thanks!

Shadow
12-02-2013, 03:31 PM
1) Yes, I answered this in the other thread but quickly you want to add or remove lines like: entry startEffect light1.eff tag_light1 from the correct mdl file for that ship.

2) You can a little if there is already support for that specific combination. Look in classes.gdb and search for DamageMultPerStr. You are specifically looking for stuff that has Per in it.

Str = tactical
Dex = helm
Vit = structural
Int = engineering
Spr = computers

3) If you are talking about when you put like 50 points into tactical, then yes. You can find these in skills.gdb, search for SkillBonusTactical1 and you will find the first of these skills.

Badday
12-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks a lot, Shadow :)

Sorry for the double post, i totally missed the whole 'waiting for mod approval' thing the first time around, d'oh... Was wondering why it never showed up! Haha