PDA

View Full Version : Mod request: Auto-pause (and Mac SDK)

Sinister Stairs
12-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I would love a mod that auto-pauses the game whenever you interact with an NPC (e.g. talk, trade) or whenever you open your inventory or stash.

I'd try writing the mod myself but I run OS X (i.e. no Mod SDK), so naturally my other request is to have an SDK for the Mac. :cool:

Shadow
12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I think you can do that. There is a pause command that you can add to menus which you can see in skills.mnu.

Almost everything in the Mod SDK should work on the Mac. The only exceptions are the font tool, the Max plugins, and the specified paths are slightly different.

Sinister Stairs
12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
It looks like commands don't get merged with menus. As a test, I tried:

mergeWith VendorMenuWithQuests
pausesGame 1

[Some dummy text to show my mod got picked up.]

and that didn't not pause the game. (Although my dummy text did appear.)

If I replace VendorMenuWithQuests altogether (inserting the pausesGame), that did the trick.

Tangential question, how does pausesGame behave in multiplayer?

Shadow
12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Tangential question, how does pausesGame behave in multiplayer?

It won't pause the game if there is more than 1 person in the game.

Sinister Stairs
12-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Btw, here's my auto-pause mod: It automatically pauses the game whenever you speak with an NPC, trade or access your stash.

It works with 1.010, although I'm not entirely happy with it because it replaces the entire .mnu files; I'll continue trying to create it the "right way" as I learn more.

Sinister Stairs
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
This version of auto-pause only works with 1.011 beta; it will NOT work with 1.010 or earlier.

Same functionality, nicer implementation. (i.e. no longer overrides the existing menus, just merges.)