PDA

View Full Version : Real Respect for the United States Flag and the Country Motto

Delilah Rehm
12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Info About How to Respect The US Flag (http://kaigou.livejournal.com/426592.html)

Interesting stuff that I didnít know about flags, like youíre not supposed to let the sun set on it. Good thing I donít have a flag. If I ever get one, now Iíll know.

I really like the bit about Americaís motto. Itís inclusive. Completely. From Many (People), One (People). Itís perfect because it doesnít matter what one believes, one is still part of America.

Steven doesnít think it works as well as in the past because immigration isnít as much of a factor today as it was back in the beginning. Perhaps this is true, but I hope as new generations roll out of the oven, Americans can become more and more tolerate of differences. You roll your way and Iíll roll mine. We donít need to changes each otherís minds about it. And although we may be different, we can still stand up for each other, and stand together. I love it!

Shadow
12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I like the motto just fine, it's just that America no longer lets as many immigrants into the country (legally at least).

skavenhorde
12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm not too sure about the whole "tolerate of differences" in America. People from different countries tend to stay together. Sure, you have some instances of different people living in the same communities but on the average it isn't that way. The only melting pot I've ever seen are at the airports.

I would like to believe that we are tolerant but I just don't see it. Go to any average highschool and you'll notice that different races usually stick together. However if your christian that's a whole other ball game. Americans become very tolerant then. If your not, well you're out of luck then.

Delilah Rehm
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I know, I know... but can't I hope for my dream world?

Most people I know aren't 100% tolerant (not including stuff that would hurt others). But most raised Christian but non-practicing, non-religious (which means not really Christian in my mind) people I know are very tolerant, even if not necessarily comfortable around unfamilure culters.

I think it helps to talk about it. Hey, if person X doesn't like it, that doesn't mean it's wrong. It's okay to like different things, and believe different things.

I think successful religions are against religious tolerance, as a survival and evolutionary technique. Doesn't mean religious people can't disregard that part of it if they choose to.

Kruztee
12-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Info About How to Respect The US Flag (http://kaigou.livejournal.com/426592.html)

I've bookmarked that page so that I can read it whenever I'm feeling like I need a pick-me-up....:)

best...rant...ever

Delilah Rehm
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I really like Kaigou's blog. Lots of neat stuff on there.