PDA

View Full Version : Game error at start(steam)

XainiX
02-18-2014, 07:39 PM
I just bought the game on steam, and cant play it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkty1s2gqtvxanf/Screenshot%202014-02-19%2000.32.13.png

Since i cant se whats writen its hard to play. i have the latest nvidia update.
and are on a win 7 With a Gtx 470.

I have tried to download the game 2 times.

Problem solved Se Page 3

joku
02-19-2014, 01:53 PM
It appears this problem is cropping up all over all of a sudden. Try this:

Another slight possibility is that OpenAL is somehow interfering with OpenGL rendering. Shadow, how do you disable audio again?
Change s_initSound to 0 in your user.cfg file.
If you made your changes in the default.cfg file, you're looking in the wrong place. The user.cfg file is not in the [Drox Operative] game directory, but in a settings directory found in
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User

You won't have a user.cfg the first time you start the game. In Steam\steamapps\common\Drox Operative\User you'll find default.cfg. Make the change in default.cfg first so you start the game properly. Then you can go to the options and make and save any change. This will generate a user.cfg file at the location I quoted above. Make the same change in user.cfg and you should be good from there.

That's assuming of course that you're having the same problem as the other person was having.

XainiX
02-19-2014, 03:59 PM
that dident work, i dont know what the problem is, i made a New screen shot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaxjf3jyngfowmc/Screenshot%202014-02-19%2020.53.48.png
where you can se the steam overlay looking fine so its the game text that are bunkers.

Is there a Place in the Default.cfg where i can change the Language, maybe that will help ?

Bluddy
02-19-2014, 11:09 PM
What version of windows are you running? I mean is it 64 bit or 32 bit?

XainiX
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Its the 64 bit.

Bluddy
02-20-2014, 01:47 PM
OK so we have at least 2 things that you guys have in common: you both have recent Nvidia GPUs and you're both running 64 bit Windows. Can anyone else drop a note here if they're using Windows 7 64 bit with a recent Nvidia GPU and are successfully running the game?

Tuidjy
02-20-2014, 02:10 PM
I have that configuration, but have not gotten around to purchasing the game from Steam. The Soldak version is running just fine, though.

Bluddy
02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I have that configuration, but have not gotten around to purchasing the game from Steam. The Soldak version is running just fine, though.

I believe the user on the other thread downloaded demos for other Soldak games (ie. not from Steam) and still had the issue, which means that it's not a Steam version thing.

Have you updated your graphics drivers recently?

Tuidjy
02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Now that you mention it, no.

Bluddy
02-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Well, if you'd be willing to perform the experiment of installing the latest drivers (after making sure you have your older driver installation files), checking Drox, and then switching back to your current version (so you'd have Drox working again), you'd be able to verify whether that's the problem. If you'd rather not, someone else with your configuration can try it and let us know the result.

XainiX
02-20-2014, 03:22 PM
When i read that the demo might have the problem to
i downloaded the Drox Operative demo and the problem is there to, so its not only steam.

Tuidjy
02-20-2014, 03:23 PM
When I get home, I will. And if I cannot go back, I'll mutter dark curses in your general direction ;)

FelixGold
02-24-2014, 04:26 AM
Just wanted to register here and say I am having the same problem when I am trying to run the Demo.

I have an Nvidia 560 with the latest drivers, 8 gigs of ram, and an AMD FX-8150 eight core processor, with Windows 7 64 bit.

Hopefully there will be an answer to this soon before the steam sale ends.

FelixGold
02-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Any update on this?

polypusher
02-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm getting a similar problem on my gaming laptop. When I start the game I get a black screen and a mouse cursor. I can hear shooting and exploding sounds.

Win7 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce 640M w/ Latest drivers

I tried the soundinit modification upthread and no luck fixing the problem.

Tuidjy
02-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Mine works. Win7, 64bit, I updated my drivers on Friday. I could try installing the latest demo distribution...

polypusher
02-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Someone at gamerswithjobs suggested I try deleting the User folder in the Users/myusername/AppData/DroxOperative folder. I was skeptical but it totally worked for me.

Bluddy
02-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Mine works. Win7, 64bit, I updated my drivers on Friday. I could try installing the latest demo distribution...

OK great. What's your RAM and CPU (Intel/AMD) configuration?

Tuidjy
02-24-2014, 07:12 PM
I am not sure about the RAM, I'll check tonight. The CPU is some Intel i7, and I'll check the flavor later as well.

FelixGold
02-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Someone at gamerswithjobs suggested I try deleting the User folder in the Users/myusername/AppData/DroxOperative folder. I was skeptical but it totally worked for me.

I tried this but no go for me, attempted it twice.

Bluddy
02-24-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm getting a similar problem on my gaming laptop. When I start the game I get a black screen and a mouse cursor. I can hear shooting and exploding sounds.

Win7 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce 640M w/ Latest drivers

I tried the soundinit modification upthread and no luck fixing the problem.

A black screen is not exactly the same issue. The particular issue in this thread involves textures going crazy -- fonts appearing as empty blocks, and planets/ships missing textures but still rendering. You might want to open a different thread for your issue, as the solution could be very different.

Bluddy
02-24-2014, 07:36 PM
When i read that the demo might have the problem to
i downloaded the Drox Operative demo and the problem is there to, so its not only steam.

Xainix, what's your CPU type?

FelixGold
02-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Some new info, whenever I open the program, and after I close it and look to the log it stops at this;

Safe and dependant systems initialized
Database parsed
Graphics system initialized
Opened Generic Software Device
Using 256 sound sources
Sound system initialized
Input initialized
Debug system started

Shadow
02-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Ok, try this:

1) Download the 1.036 beta patch from http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Patches.html
2) Install the beta patch and change the directory to where Steam has Drox installed (mine's at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Drox Operative). Make sure the installer doesn't tack on an extra Drox Operative on to the path.
3) Run the game once and then exit
4) Open up user.cfg which should be in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User
5) Find r_postponeTextureUpload and change the value next to it to 1
6) Run the game again and see if the textures load/display correctly.

Qazwsk
02-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Ok, try this:

1) Download the 1.036 beta patch from http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Patches.html
2) Install the beta patch and change the directory to where Steam has Drox installed (mine's at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Drox Operative). Make sure the installer doesn't tack on an extra Drox Operative on to the path.
3) Run the game once and then exit
4) Open up user.cfg which should be in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User
5) Find r_postponeTextureUpload and change the value next to it to 1
6) Run the game again and see if the textures load/display correctly.

Awesome, that's worked for me, I just had to delete my previous user.cfg for the option to appear.

FelixGold
02-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Wonderful news!

I got tired of waiting for someone to post if it worked for them so I bought the game and tried it myself, and the new patch fixes the white box problem!

Thanks a ton devs!

Shadow
02-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I got tired of waiting for someone to post if it worked for them so I bought the game and tried it myself, and the new patch fixes the white box problem!

So you followed my 6 steps, it was broken on step 3 still, but it worked correctly on step 6?

FelixGold
02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
So you followed my 6 steps, it was broken on step 3 still, but it worked correctly on step 6?

That is correct. I installed the game, opened it and confirmed that the full steam version had the same error, then deleted the user file in my appdata/local area, installed the beta patch and started it up, still had the white boxes until I went into appdata/local and changed r_postponeTextureUpload to 1. Started the game back up after saving and it worked.

XainiX
03-03-2014, 06:38 PM
i tried to delete the user and that dident help me.
I still have the same problem :(.

I tried the beta patch and changing the user.cfg and that helped, the game is working now.

Thank you for Your help.