PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a bug... Technology items

Yindo
03-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Looks like a bug or well a cheat of sorts. Basically you can put Unknown Technology items into the shared stash, then you start up a new game with a lower level ship and you can click on the technology items. So very easy to go from a tech level of say 5 to 102. Not sure if that will actually affect game play, but sounds like it could.

laq
03-03-2014, 02:28 AM
that's the entire point of the shared stash to affect game play :) and also why your not allowed access to it in hardcore mode because then you don't want it to affect game play :)

Marikhen
03-04-2014, 02:57 AM
It'd be nice if along the way you could stash crew members in there to affect the gameplay. :D

laq
03-04-2014, 09:25 AM
http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24748 here is a mod that will do just that

I'm not sure why you can't stash crew in the first place. Remember that good crew are also lvl locked :)

Tuidjy
03-04-2014, 02:24 PM
My guess is because with good crew, you never have to invest a single point in anything until your Command is maxed. You could just stash some level 5, 25, 50, and 75 crew members, and make leveling a heavy flagship much easier.

Then we would get even more people complaining that the game is too easy when you shuffle crew.

It is also a way to avoid your crew members getting upset over your screwing their race. You stash them, do the dirty deeds (definitely NOT done dirt cheap) and then retrieve them. At high levels, for crew dependent ships, that can save you hundreds of thousands per sector, if not more. Now that I think about it, it would probably also work by just spacing the malcontents temporarily, see how they like it *evil cackle*

laq
03-04-2014, 03:21 PM
My guess is because with good crew, you never have to invest a single point in anything until your Command is maxed. You could just stash some level 5, 25, 50, and 75 crew members, and make leveling a heavy flagship much easier.

Then we would get even more people complaining that the game is too easy when you shuffle crew.

It is also a way to avoid your crew members getting upset over your screwing their race. You stash them, do the dirty deeds (definitely NOT done dirt cheap) and then retrieve them. At high levels, for crew dependent ships, that can save you hundreds of thousands per sector, if not more. Now that I think about it, it would probably also work by just spacing the malcontents temporarily, see how they like it *evil cackle*

same argument could be made for any higher tier items you give your self access to before you would have them "normally"

like i said in my first post shared stash IS supposed to affect gameplay, unless you want challenge or are a purist in that case you can play hardcore in which case the stashes cannot affect game play

as to weather people like/dislike changing gameplay? Like any question of morality it has no answer, just what you prefer. Both variants are accessible so arguments on the point are moot :)

Tuidjy
03-04-2014, 04:00 PM
You won't get an argument from me. I believe that everyone should play the version of the game they most enjoy, which includes modding anything they want to change.

As for me, I play hardcore, so I don't really care about the shared stash. I do know that crew can't be stored, though, and have no problem with that.

laq
03-04-2014, 04:06 PM
You won't get an argument from me. I believe that everyone should play the version of the game they most enjoy, which includes modding anything they want to change.

As for me, I play hardcore, so I don't really care about the shared stash. I do know that crew can't be stored, though, and have no problem with that.

I didn't think you were arguing :D my comment about arguments being moot was just a figure of speech in relation to what i was saying (which is exactly what your saying :p) that with all possible choices available to you people can play exactly to there likes and wants