PDA

View Full Version : Ancients and non-Ancients Drox Multiplayer

Jin Ashtar
03-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Hey all, quick question:

If I have Ancients installed, and a friend has vanilla Drox (no ancients), can we still play multiplayer together? Can I try to join his server, or can he join mine? Or do I have to uninstall Ancients to multiplay with him? Thanks.

Shadow
03-03-2014, 12:18 PM
You need to turn off your expansion (which might possibly break your save games) or he needs to get the expansion for you two to play together.

Jin Ashtar
03-03-2014, 01:38 PM
You need to turn off your expansion (which might possibly break your save games) or he needs to get the expansion for you two to play together.

How do I "turn off" the expansion (besides uninstalling and having Steam reinstall the base game). If there's a toggle that turns off the expansion, that would be genius. Thanks!

Shadow
03-03-2014, 02:09 PM
The easiest way is to rename the file expansionPresent.txt to something else temporarily.

That file will be in C:\Program Files\Drox Operative\Expansions\Exp1\Assets if you use Windows and let it install in the standard place.

Jin Ashtar
03-03-2014, 02:13 PM
The easiest way is to rename the file expansionPresent.txt to something else temporarily.

That file will be in C:\Program Files\Drox Operative\Expansions\Exp1\Assets if you use Windows and let it install in the standard place.

Awesome- thanks so much. Probably couldn't have figured it out myself. Much better than uninstalling, since I was afraid that I would lose the ships I had been making in the expansion.