PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Planetary problems with no quest

Tuidjy
03-04-2014, 04:43 PM
This is something I have been seeing for a while, and I know some instances have been fixed, but I just encountered it again in 1.036 :(

Sometimes, a planet will have a disease, that will not have a quest associated with it. Thus, it will steadily lose population, until a stray shot blows it up.

The latest I encountered is a Fringe planet with a Mutagen virus. The icon is under the planet's health bar, the population growth penalty is displayed in the Status report, but there is no quest, thus nothing I can do about it. So far, I've only seen this on Lithosoid and Fringe planets, but that does not mean much, because these are two of the three races that I actually watch over, and Scavengers are spreading like crazy, so who cares if they're diseased?

laq
03-04-2014, 04:54 PM
can you still donate/sell the associated counter item to stop the stat effects on the planet ? albeit with no quest rewards

Tuidjy
03-04-2014, 05:04 PM
No, because diseases need collection quests, not items.

If I ever see a 'quest-less' problem that can be solved with an item, I will certainly try it.

laq
03-04-2014, 05:08 PM
i could swear i have gotten mutagen vaccine's without any active planetary quests wanting it just like so many of the items that say "sometimes planets need these but are of little use to drox agents"

Tuidjy
03-04-2014, 05:24 PM
There is an item that causes mutations, and it is sometimes used to solve problems (genocide a subrace, kill an invasive species, etc...) Often it does not quite work the way the planetary authorities expect. ;)

But the problem I'm seeing is a straight up plague. As far as I know, those always require collecting a bunch of body parts, and you cannot collect them unless you actually have the quest in your quest list (which is a way to choose which planet you're collecting for)

ScrObot
03-04-2014, 07:24 PM
i could swear i have gotten mutagen vaccine's without any active planetary quests wanting it just like so many of the items that say "sometimes planets need these but are of little use to drox agents"

I'm pretty sure that's just the default description text for all of the items that are used in quests like that (mutagens, rebel weapons, etc.). I highly doubt that selling an item to a planet that doesn't have an open quest for it does anything.

laq
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that's just the default description text for all of the items that are used in quests like that (mutagens, rebel weapons, etc.). I highly doubt that selling an item to a planet that doesn't have an open quest for it does anything.

if that is the case it's too bad as it would be a good way to further influence the npc politics /diplomacy