PDA

View Full Version : [Mod Request/Idea] "Custom" equip slots for ship's

laq
03-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Hello again

Would it be possible to convert the command fueled equipment slot progression into a customizable point based system? Allowing layout "swaps" on the fly. (whenever you redistribute points to change your layout your ship has to "install" the new slots like regular equips)

heavy = 5 med = 3 light = 1 or something to this effect*
Every command > ship improvement that would give you a hard slot gives you an increase in your layout "point pool"

to not have item problems your base 3/3/3 layout is hard and unchangeable

joku
03-10-2014, 03:24 AM
As I mentioned in your other thread, you can only modify the game's data, not the game's code.

You can modify the the command fueled equipment slot progression so that you get your slots at different levels, but there's no way you could possibly implement a point based progression system since such a system doesn't exist in any fashion anywhere in the game.

Perhaps something to consider for Drox Operative 2, but it's not gonna happen through modding.

laq
03-10-2014, 01:00 PM
hi again

I don't know how the game code looks but i imagined using systems that are already in the game for new/ different purposes

point progress would be a cannibalization of the point stat system + the way the game handles items

i imagined just adding 3 new "stat' slots light med heavy that would be the only prerequisites for "applying" new equip slot
these separate stats would simply be left "soft" always changeable
the total "points" would be your current command ship version not your lvl up stats ie bigger ship more points

your equip slots at that point would just be handled like "items" themselves.
Only auto equipping a new slot each time the a stat prerequisite was met.

:)
ps love to hear back from you on the other post as to WHY it's impossible to change the code in this game

joku
03-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I misspoke in my last post, but I do understand what you're talking about.

There are a couple problems with your proposition. The code does not exist for new stats; the best you could do is convert one of the existing stats to an equip slot stat, which would clearly break a lot of things. The code does not exist for a second, separate point system. The code does not exist to get points of any kind from command.

I could make up the data for such a system, but the game would not know what to do with the new data.

Why can't we modify the code? We don't have access to it. It's all contained in the exe. The only one who can access the exe in any meaningful way is the developer.