PDA

View Full Version : Guards

bravodragon
12-08-2007, 04:35 AM
i was just wondering what do we do with the dead guards.is there anyway we could revive them or we just have to sell them off to free the slot again?

Shadow
12-08-2007, 10:23 AM
With guards, once they are dead they are dead. This is one of their disadvantages. The easiest way to get rid of them is to drop the icon onto the ground. I believe you can sell them to the beastmaster also, but you shouldn't get any crystals back.

Sayen
12-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Aye, Shadow, no crystals back. Luckily I only had to kill one of my guards after it broke its bond. And I also lost one due to an expansive trade route, hehe. Was new to me, didn't know what I was getting myself into. And that convent kept trying and trying...

Shadow
12-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't worry guards don't break their bonds too often. :)

I've actually lost guards myself a few times by being a little too aggressive with trade routes.

Sayen
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Hehe, aye the traderoutes can be quite nasty at the start. By now I wait until I saved up a couple of hundred crystals before I go.

Rexferitus
12-15-2007, 09:14 AM
It may sound noobish but I dont see much benefit from traderoutes, could someone please explain their use a bit more to me please? And how can you lose a guard due to a traderoute?

Shadow
12-15-2007, 10:27 AM
In the long run trade routes will generate extra crystals for your covenant to use. It also boosts up the relations with the covenant you have the trade route with.

As for your second question, guards cost a certain amount of crystals per tax period for upkeep and trade routes, at first, cost crystals each tax period also. Trade routes do go up and eventually will be making you extra crystals per tax period, but at the beginning of the route, it is a liability. So if you aren't careful or too aggressive with buying guards and setting up trade routes you can be losing more crystals than you are bringing in through taxes.

If this causes you to drop below 0 crystals, the game will automatically start selling off guards and canceling trade routes to keep you at or above 0 crystals. It does warn you a few times if you are getting close to this situation though.

Rexferitus
12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Thank you very much for the detailed and patient explanation, you rock :)

(name here)
12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I found out that you can lure your guards into an adjacent house.