PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to...

Sinister Stairs
12-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Is it possible to...

...rename a character? (Within the game.) I added a text input (and rename button) to the character screen that saves the new name to the PlayerName var, and printvars shows it has changed; but obviously the filename didn't get renamed and even the internal PlayerName reverts back.

...decrement attributes? (Permanently.) I want to make a mod where upon a level-up, the player can optionally decrease up to 5 attribute points (a la reducing skills to free up more points). "ClientDecrementAttribute Strength" didn't work; is there a different command?

...make ice melt / melt faster? I have an item that grants Ice Storm, and the ice puddles stick around forever, even when I Fire Wall them (via another item). I looked at projectiles.gdb and traps.gdb and tinkered with some HazardLifeTime values, but haven't noticeably affected it. Didn't find where to start with allowing Fire Wall to melt them.

...implement "clairvoyance?" I want to create a new potion that allows one to temporarily see through the Fog of War; i.e. have notable objects such as Gates, Totems, maybe bosses, appear on the map [even if in the FoW] until the effect expires.

Shadow
12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't think you can do any of those right now. Decrementing attributes is in the expansion though and ice melts into water in the expansion.

Sinister Stairs
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks - now I can stop beating my fortified chain helmet against the caustic grotto wall. ;)