PDA

View Full Version : Question about anti-aliasing requirements?

jeremyosborne
12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I have what HP likes to call an entertainment laptop.

It runs Windows XP 64 bit professional.

The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, patched up to version 8.753.0.0. I also use the Catalyst Control center, and have "Use Application Settings" configured for Anti-Aliasing.

In Din's Curse, I have all of the other settings at the max and the game runs great.

I can't seem to get anti-aliasing to work in the game, or have any other choice other than "none" available from within Din's Curse (see image attached).

If this is intentional, and my ATI card by your understanding shouldn't have access to anti-aliasing, please disregard this post.

If I should have the option to turn Anti-Aliasing on, let me know if you need any other specs from my system if/when you get around to checking this out.

Thanks again for the 1.011 patch.

Shadow
12-29-2010, 03:50 PM
The game shows all of the options that the video card says are possible. Some recent drivers did do something weird and the AA options disappeared and reappeared in the next drivers. That might be what is happening here.

jeremyosborne
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
The game shows all of the options that the video card says are possible. Some recent drivers did do something weird and the AA options disappeared and reappeared in the next drivers. That might be what is happening here.

Cool. I'll keep a look out for new Drivers. ATI seems notoriously slow for updating drivers.

torikamal
12-30-2010, 12:58 AM
I will second this. I used to have an Nvidia card and never noticed losing AA options, but now that I have a Radeon, it seems like it happens every few patches. Oh, technology!