PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bugs with 1.011

jeremyosborne
12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Starting a thread for 1.011 bugs.

Minor one, probably an identifier misspelling or a forgotten Localization entry.

See attached.

The identifier text in the image is:

QuestAnnounceWanderingVendorStayedInTown

EDIT: I believe this might be an indicator of a larger bug. I have a Bag Vendor and a Weapon Vendor sitting around in town long after they would have usually left.

Chex Warrior
12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah I'm gonna second that WanderingVendorStayInTown bug, just happened to me and my friend a second ago.

jeremyosborne
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
The image speaks for itself.

I have not been able to reproduce this, as it's the first time I've ever seen it happen.

The things that stand out about this:
1) I just got a quest to kill a unique Dark Elf Fighter.
2) I was hunting down the dark elf, but did not find the unique monster.
3) I found the gate right when I got jumped by a bunch of dark elf fighters.
4) I was standing right next to the gate and triggered the gate, followed by another click to enter the gate. I believe I was also in the process of Raise Dead'ing a Dark Elf.
5) I wound up in town and towns people started attacking. My pet did not attack back.

EDIT:
Forgot to add the following:
6) My dark elf pet survived.
7) When I went into the dungeon and came back, the towns people were docile again.

ThrinticusZG
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I keep getting a 'version mismatch' message when trying to run my game - I just upgraded (I thought) to 1.011 and even tried re-applying the patch.

DeathKnight1728
12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Wandering vendor stay in town happened to me just now.

Shadow
12-29-2010, 08:06 PM
I keep getting a 'version mismatch' message when trying to run my game - I just upgraded (I thought) to 1.011 and even tried re-applying the patch.

This basically means that the data files are for one version and the executable is another, so something didn't get upgraded correctly.

DeathKnight1728
12-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Lets just be thankful its not a major problem.

fiesher
12-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I got the vendor thingy too and in my patched game, the food/drinks is still in stacks of max:8 instead of 10 as stated in the patch notes.

Sinister Stairs
12-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Ditto the WanderingVendor.

My food/drinks are stacking in 10's -- but not potions, which I presume is intentional. I'm using the OS X version of 1.011 beta.

I noticed that BreakableSpiderWeb still has AddAdditionalChance 0.8 (same as 1.010) -- just pointing it out because the beta patch note reads, "spiders now leave spider webs that don't spread on their own"

Shadow
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
The wandering vendor thing is an expansion feature that partially snuck through to the base game, except it won't really work correctly because the NPCs don't have happiness yet. It will just prevent them from leaving so it should be a bug in the player's favor. :)

BreakableSpiderWeb is still the same, but the spiders spawn different versions now that don't have additional chance.

EternalChampion
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
This is happening in Din's Curse (and carried over to the expansion) since I upgraded to 1.011 (Mac OS X): Double bosses. I've had to kill several bosses twice. The first time the quest will not register as "completed" after I kill a boss. Then I'll get another quest either on the same or another dungeon level to kill the same boss-- or I just run into the boss again! I kill it again and then the quest is completed. This has happened 3 times now. Twice before I upgraded to the expansion, and now it just happened in Demon Wars, but all after I installed the 1.011 beta patch. Same names, same bosses. :confused:

EternalChampion
12-31-2010, 03:47 PM
I was on a quest after saving a town. Simple "find 6 slate chunks" to build a lightning totem or whatever, on the bottom level of the dungeon. I find 5 and go to pick-up the 6th and get the ol' "we've already got enough!" message. I check my quest page, and, no, I only have 5 of the 6. I walk around the whole dungeon trying to pick-up other slate pieces. I save and exit and come back. I go to town and come back. Nothing. Quest was not able to be completed even though the NPC who gave it to me was still there. :confused:

This is with the 1.011 patch playing Demon Wars.

Sinister Stairs
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I believe this is a bug and not a quest, but the Warmaster seems to be missing. This is a brand new town, so he hasn't been killed.

The first screenshot shows the map of where the Warmaster and my character are marked; according to the map, I should be right next to the Warmaster. The second screenshot shows (or does not show) the Warmaster's location; he's no where to be seen and mousing over the general area didn't reveal an invisible Warmaster.

Shadow
01-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I believe this is a bug and not a quest, but the Warmaster seems to be missing. This is a brand new town, so he hasn't been killed.

Does you world have the On The Brink world modifier? If so, it's not a bug.

icecube
01-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm in a town where the Warmaster was missing from the start as well. Though I didn't notice it until I recruited a new one.

Town Modifiers are: Traps and Fast Pace
I believe I also put it on Small.

Hagaar
01-15-2011, 05:31 PM
The wandering vendor thing is an expansion feature that partially snuck through to the base game, except it won't really work correctly because the NPCs don't have happiness yet. It will just prevent them from leaving so it should be a bug in the player's favor. :)

BreakableSpiderWeb is still the same, but the spiders spawn different versions now that don't have additional chance.

So this should not hamper the game for those of us that don't have the expansion then?:p

Shadow
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
So this should not hamper the game for those of us that don't have the expansion then?:p

No it won't hurt you any. Of course I've fixed it in one of the newer builds.