PDA

View Full Version : Demon War beta and pre-orders

Shadow
12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Din's Curse: Demon War is now available for pre-order. If you pre-order you get a discounted price and, if you want, access to the beta, so pre-order now (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Demon-War.html)!

Din's Curse: Demon War is the first expansion for the unique action RPG Din's Curse. Adds the Demon Hunter class, new demon monsters, tons of new quests, more involved NPCs, lots of new dungeons and caves, and much more.

andlar
12-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Downloading now! Go Shadow!

Bosanac
12-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Im buying this as soon as I get home :).

Is there new items within the expansion?

Srulz
12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Dear Shadow,

can you please update the website to include Demon Hunter's skills etc as well? Also, a 'changelog' of sorts maybe? Thank you! :)

PixelLord
12-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Din's Curse Demon War has so much cool new stuff!! Give it a try! You'll love it! :D

PixelLord
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Dear Shadow,

can you please update the website to include Demon Hunter's skills etc as well? Also, a 'changelog' of sorts maybe? Thank you! :)

The basics of the Demon Hunter character can be found here:

http://www.stephenhornback.com/id85.html

stants
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
give me an hour, and im downloading:)

getter77
12-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Good deal, I'm guessing you just install it exactly the same way as the patches for Din's Curse thus far?

Also, would it be wise to wait until the non-beta of the latest Din's Curse patch to be released before installing this or...?

Short version: Expansion doings a new beast in these parts---how does it all work out simply?

GreatStalin
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
After installing the beta, I get the following 'Critical Error' when trying to run Din's Curse:

Missing monster archetype ArchetypeBarbarian!

I've already entered my license key at this point too, so I'm not sure if it's wise for me to attempt to re-install?

Srulz
12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Din's Curse Demon War has so much cool new stuff!! Give it a try! You'll love it! :D

But, but...I can't exactly "give it a try" without buying it. :( so I would really appreciate some kind of a very detailed changelog, and who knows, maybe you'll get another customer :)

p/s: I've not even bought yet the first one (only repeated the demo many, many times), as I'm not entirely sold on the game yet.

shafk
12-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Problem with the Beta , after entering the registration key get the following message:

Solution to problem:

Install DCBeta1011.exe, it appears some critical files are missing from the DCDemonWarBeta1011.exe if it is installed onto Din's Curse Version 1.010.

GreatStalin
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Problem with the Beta , after entering the registration key get the following message:

Solution to problem:

Install DCBeta1011.exe, it appears some critical files are missing from the DCDemonWarBeta1011.exe if it is installed onto Din's Curse Version 1.010.

Ah yes, installing the 1.011 beta fixes it perfectly, thanks old chap!

FloodSpectre
12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Awesome, I was hoping the release would be today. I had some extra personal time and so took the day off from work, looks like I picked the right day to do so :)

Shadow
12-30-2010, 12:49 PM
After installing the beta, I get the following 'Critical Error' when trying to run Din's Curse:

I've already entered my license key at this point too, so I'm not sure if it's wise for me to attempt to re-install?

You need to apply the 1.011 patch. The expansion is supposed to tell you that but you are getting this error first unfortunately.

jeremyosborne
12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Just got it. Time to go kill things.

fiesher
12-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Woot! Just came home, bought it.

Onwards!

Nobear
12-30-2010, 01:33 PM
OMG who wants to all start Demon Hunters together? Gonna be online with it as soon as I buy it!

kisala
12-30-2010, 01:45 PM
errr can someone tell me what beta version mean?
do i need to buy its full version expansion after beta version fully test?

Nobear
12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Beta means it still needs to be tested (by us!) but you will NOT have to buy it again when it's final.

jeremyosborne
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Stability wise, things seem really good.

I was curious how an old character would be integrated into the expansion. Loaded up the character, everything seemed pretty chill, and then:

Someone from town poisoned the provisions supply!
The food supply has been poisoned. Prices have gone up.

Nice!

kisala
12-30-2010, 02:05 PM
oh thanks nobear

Axegrinder
12-30-2010, 02:25 PM
How large is the download? Still on dialup here.

Nobear
12-30-2010, 02:37 PM
It's 42.9 MB. Heck, I remember downloading the 50 MB Quake 3 demo on dialup, it's sure as hell worth it :).

Greyhead
12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
How large is the download? Still on dialup here.

It's about 40 Mega Bytes

Axegrinder
12-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks fellas.

Shadow
12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Good deal, I'm guessing you just install it exactly the same way as the patches for Din's Curse thus far?

Also, would it be wise to wait until the non-beta of the latest Din's Curse patch to be released before installing this or...?

Yes, it gets installed just like a patch. Just make sure you are installing to the directory where the main DC install is.

You will need to install the 1.011 patch also. The expansion needs somethings in 1.011.

Kruztee
12-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow! So many new people on the forum these days :D Awesome!

Anyway, just wanted to add that I've just done the pre-order too and am looking forward to starting up my first town.

I don't like multiplayer, but I'll be following all the feedback threads eagerly. On the extremely unlikely chance that I discover anything that hasn't been reported by the other beta testers I'll be sure to post.

I have to get through some work first or I can see myself sitting here playing Din's all morning :o

Amberjoy
12-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Uploaded and installed. Will play a bit later. See how I do. :)

Tar Palantir
12-30-2010, 07:40 PM
I had planed to get to bed early today... well it didn't quite work out!! :)

Thank you very much for this amazing beta. Great fun, not disappointing, it was really worth waiting for it!

I'll try to come with feedback on things that aren't mentioned during the days to come...

PixelLord
12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I had planed to get to bed early today... well it didn't quite work out!! :)

Thank you very much for this amazing beta. Great fun, not disappointing, it was really worth waiting for it!

I'll try to come with feedback on things that aren't mentioned during the days to come...

Ten characters!?!? ok :)

Ghost Matter
12-31-2010, 01:20 AM
Shadow, will you be able to help me add it to Impulse later if I pre-order now?

Shadow
12-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Shadow, will you be able to help me add it to Impulse later if I pre-order now?

I can try.

alstein
12-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I would appreciate adding the keys into Impulse- I believe Stardock offers that feature, I know they've mentioned it before.

Shadow
12-31-2010, 11:31 AM
I've been able to add people to Impulse before. Since it's mostly not up to me I can't guarantee anything though.

jeremyosborne
12-31-2010, 12:31 PM
I would appreciate adding the keys into Impulse- I believe Stardock offers that feature, I know they've mentioned it before.

I would like this too.

On a good note, I don't think I'll ever need the key added to impulse, as the Expansion works just fine with my impulse version. I just installed the game in the right directory, plugged the key in, and it worked.

Ghost Matter
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
That's all I need. Thank you, it's appreciated.

I prefer Impulse because of auto-patching and unlimited redownloads, etc.

I LOVE it so far, addicted again!!

Problems
-The town starves a lot. I guess it's because of the food prices but I can't find all the critters to step on... Anyway, I get lots of free reputation when I donate a little money to them. Money needed to save them should increase the longer the food reserves are low.
- Hard to investigate who's the traitor in town... Needs a tutorial.
- Fights stop and come back. Sometimes I can get 6 messages in 2 seconds of fighting stopped and restarted between townspeople.
- Gold quest said to find the townsperson in... level 12. "Talk to the Nike in XXX Level 12 when completed". Level 12 is where I mined.