PDA

View Full Version : Demon War critical error

Shadow
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
If you get a critical error after installing the Demon War beta that looks like this: Missing monster archetype ArchetypeBarbarian
it just means you need to install the 1.011 beta patch.

L337GTIMKV
01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Hello Shadow,

I just purchased the expansion and immediately got the latest patch (1.013).. However, upon launch the game immediately freezes/crashes just before the title screen fully loads (I can see the monsters and character, but they don't fully render before it crashes)

My question is... Do I need to first load version 1.011, then upgrade to 1.013? If so, this needs to be clearly stated somewhere..

Any other ideas would be hugely appreciated, as I never had any crashes before the expansion.

Tar Palantir
01-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Could you show us your computer specs?

Normally the latest patch includes all previous updates and it is not necessary to install all old ones.

CptKiffMan
01-08-2011, 04:41 AM
after 013 it crashes for me too. I got win vista 32bit
hmm .. installed it again , and now it works ... ^^

L337GTIMKV
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Well after totally re-installing the game and starting from scratch, the game works... However, some graphic options are still causing the game to lock up in the same exact manner as before..

I believe the culprits are Bloom, Advanced shadows, and In-game AA settings. As soon as I turn either of the above on.. BOOM upon loading.

My specs are:

Win 7 64bit fully updated
q6600 quad core at 2.4 ghz.
4 gigs of ram
SB Audigy Fatality
ATI 4890

P.S. The game ran flawlessly with the above options ON before the expansion.

I hope this info helps you Shadow.