PDA

View Full Version : Things I LOVE about Demon War so far

Nobear
12-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Edit: Whoops, move this thread into the Demon War Beta section too if you want, Shadow.

Ok I'm making this thread, Shadow, because I think you could advertise it better. Some people are still looking for a more detailed list of improvements. Here are some that you haven't listed, some of which took me totally by surprise:

1) Mention the new Unique level 85 and 95 items among the major features. Items are a huge source of the addict... er fun of these games for a lot of people.

2) Achievements!! Also a huge thing. All I want to do now is compare achievements with others. A suggestion: make an online scoreboard for both Achievements and whatever hardcore scoring you were talking about.

3) Re-assigning stats!!! This came as a total surprise to me, and is so awesome. I'm a perfectionist, and did you know that I ditched a level 89 Warrior and 81 Rogue because their stats weren't "perfect"? "Perfect" also changes based on gear, new game insight and changes, preference, etc. Fortunately I kept those characters, and can now revive them and reassign their stats, so my top characters will have the names I want for them. It's also good to know that I "only" lost 2d 20h since I leveled 2 Rogues, and my 3d 6h on my Warrior is not for naught :). *sigh* Ah well, at least I had fun on my 2nd Rogue, right?

Anyone else list other things that you really love about the xpac that Shadow hasn't listed on the main features.

jeremyosborne
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I'll admit, my first game is a bit frustrating with the Demon War expansion, but it's frustrating in that sort of fun way, just like Din's Curse was when I first got it.

Things I love so far:

1) Items Items Items: Love some of the new stats, especially one I saw that, if I remember right, was "+Health on Monster Kill"
2) Ego Weapon Power ups: Just got one on my massive axe. Very cool.
3) The towns people interactions: Yeah, they're annoying the heck out of me right now, but I believe that as I get used to it, I'll learn to enjoy the action above the dungeon as well as below the dungeon.

fiesher
12-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I love seeing more choices in the game menus, which makes for more depth.

The new quests (Mining etc), Ego Weapon Level Ups (LOL) and Hardcore ScoreBoard (which I am not sure is a new feature or not, as I just unlocked Hardcore Mode) are my favourites for now.

The cluttering of the NPCs in-fighting on the chat causing visual blockage on the main screen is rather annoying to me. Interestingly, I do not know how to quell some of the quarrels and on other occasions, I do take a rather long time trying to find the particular NPCs involved, and by the time I get there, the fight might have resulted in a death.

Anyhow, I am having a blast, and I will delve into the beta again later, and come back with more comments.

C'yall on the flip side.

Shadow
12-30-2010, 04:11 PM
The hardcore scoreboard is new in the expansion.

jeremyosborne
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure I've seen it said like this, but I think I can finally word why, even though the townspeople frustrate me a bit, I ultimately enjoy the new townspeople pseudo-life.

The new above-dungeon quests actually make me care for the townspeople. And when I'm done saving the dungeon and am hanging out in the safe town, as I've been doing since yesterday -- haven't started a new town yet, although I will now that I got beta patch 12 -- I enjoy seeing what the townspeople will do. Heck, I even enjoy helping out the less fortunate, donating money and items to those who need it.

I'm glad the townspeople don't need care to the level of some Tomagotchi, the care they need is just enough right now.

Nice work bringing in some dimension to those I'm "cursed" to save.

Jorlen
01-01-2011, 10:05 PM
It's more Din's - what's not to love? :)

I'm enjoying making a slew of new hybrids, thanks to Shadow for refueling my hybrid addiction!

udm
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Man I've been holding out for quite a while on this purchase already, because I'd bought too many games this month on Gamersgate. I'll have to wait a few more days for the guilt to subside. It's really tempting to just hit the BUY NOW button this instant though.

PS. Steven, I know I have my game is tied to my Impulse account, but do you think that when I buy Demon War, it is possible to add both Demon War and DC to my Gamersgate account too? I'm trying to shift all my purchases to Gamersgate, for consolidation. I've already asked the staff and they'd said it's ok if the publisher allows for it.

Ghost Matter
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
udm, there should be ZERO guilt about Demon War. I felt none and money is tight. And I have 500-600 Steam games and Raptr says I have around 1200 total. Demon War is fantastic AND cheap.

Shadow
01-03-2011, 12:48 PM
PS. Steven, I know I have my game is tied to my Impulse account, but do you think that when I buy Demon War, it is possible to add both Demon War and DC to my Gamersgate account too? I'm trying to shift all my purchases to Gamersgate, for consolidation. I've already asked the staff and they'd said it's ok if the publisher allows for it.

I can go from ours to GG fairly easily assuming it's ok with them. Going from another portal might be difficult.

udm
01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
That's *great* news thanks :)

udm
01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Well the guilt is gone. Here comes the download...................

/shiverinanticipation