PDA

View Full Version : Requested Mobs not in assigned area

Sayen
12-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Heya folks, I was just once again playing...(be damned for I am addicted, lol) and I encountered this problem several times.
You know when you get the quest for recruits for example. Go to xxx and kill 1 yyy. I am currently playing my rogue (love that class, btw) and was running around to search for the mob. I swear I ran through the entire area about 2-3 times (yes, invisible it is possible to do that within the given time) and couldn't find the quest monster. Sadly I lost the chance to recruit several good folks due to this problem.

On the other hand I had the quest to get some stuff from fire minions on a second level of a dungeon. I also found some on the first. I admit this I didn't mind :)

In case this has been posted before, I apologize. I roughly checked the bug forum but didn't find this anywhere.

Shadow
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, the monsters being in the area isn't really guaranteed. They usually will be though.

Minor spoiler: as a stealthed rogue you do have a slight disadvantage with this type of quest. Each monster spawn has a chance to be one of the quest monsters that you are looking for. If you stealth around the entire level, you have X number of monsters spawns. So you have X chances of getting the quest monster you are looking for. If you go around killing all of the monsters though, you will get all of the initial spawns and they will all eventually respawn so you will have more chances.

Also, it's on purpose that you can sometimes kill monsters in the wrong zone. If it's a generic kill me 5 Orcs to prove your worth, you can kill them anywhere that you can find them. If it's a more specific quest like there is an uprising of Orcs in the Black Forest, then you have to kill them in the correct place.

Sayen
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Aye, usually I check them out invisible. If I don't find them I start killing stuff :)
And my companion...since he is usually a warrior kills stuff off as well. Don't know how many times he killed the needed quest mobs, lol.
But good to know about the spawing rate and chances. Thanks for the heads up.