PDA

View Full Version : The Demon Hunter and Hybrids

DeathKnight1728
12-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Well i might as well resurrect the old build testing organization thread :)

This thread is meant to be a guide for those that want to test out the various possibilities of the demon hunter subclasses mixed with other classes.

So far i have played the reaver a little and the demonologist quite a bit. Although i dont know much, i would say that both the reaver and demonologist mixed with another offensive class is a good bet.

The main reason behind this is that the reaver gets aoe attacks, good chance to hit and breech which acts as a boost to deep wounds and armor piercing. Something the assassin doesnt get which makes the reaver deadly as anything. Along with charge (an almost extremely powerful move to either run in for the kill or run the hell out) The reaver is great.

Now as for the demonologist, the best thing that you get is blood sacrifice. Even though it drains your life, just imagine how much damage over time this can do with a fast weapon.

As for what i have tried, Im currently playing as a thief/demonologist. I use the thief's great defense capabilities with dagger mastery and blood sacrifice and demon roar so no one can hit me.

Has anyone else tried some hybrid with the demon hunter subclasses. If so, post them here. With 196 possible character combinations, it'd be good to know which ones work and which ones dont.

PixelLord
12-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I've been playing a hybrid -Demon Hunter/Reaver and Hunter (can use a bow); I used the bow for a long while, but found that "Ravage" was the best skill to kill lots of monsters (very similar to "Whirlwind"). The Demon Hunter also has the option to wear plate armor which I obtained as well.

Not bad.... not bad at all!!

DeathKnight1728
12-31-2010, 02:32 AM
Been playing Assassin/demonologist and its awesome. Demon roar causes decent distraction on all enemies in a radius. When combined with precise strike (which usually sucks since you cant use), its awesome. To make things even better, blood sacrifice gives a large amount of damage as well.

I think the reaver has terrorize or something which causes distraction as well. That can be combined with the assassin to make a just as powerful build. Not a bad deal if you ask me :D

FloodSpectre
12-31-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm wondering if Fire Strike and Inferno are affected by Fire Mastery, but I don't feel ready to commit to another new character....

EternalChampion
12-31-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm playing as a Reaver/Thief now. He's pretty deadly with Ravage. I'll post the character in the character thread...

DeathKnight1728
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
ok the following builds work pretty well-

-Assassin/demonlogist-works really well and does a lot of damage. Make sure you go with precise strike, demon roar and use onehanded swords.

-reaver/thief-excellent build. dagger mastery, disarm traps and ravage are your main 3. You need disarm traps because ravage sometimes causes explosions. With disarm, you can get away from that and get some experience too.

-Weaponmaster/warden-good build if you want to make a onehanded defensive build. Either swords or axes are good. use either poison, cold, or fire ward with perfect strike and the shield attack that hits 5 enemies and stuns (forgot the name).

FloodSpectre
01-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I decided to try out a Reaver/Fire Mage as a secondary character to mess around with a bit. My first impression: holy crap, Fire Strike is deadly! Amorphs stand no chance against this skill, and it's generally very convenient when there are a number of enemies in front of you.

When I gain a bit more experience I'll try to confirm whether or not Fire Mastery affects Fire Strike's damage output.

There's one issue I have with the skill though, and I'm not sure how easily remedied it is; my character will still use the skill regardless of how far away the targeted enemy is. The range on the attack is pretty short, so I would expect my character to run up toward the enemy and then fire off the attack right as the enemy is considered to be within range. I suspect this has to do with "no movement when casting offensive spells".

icecube
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice to see someone else is doing Fire Mage/Reaver (though you started first)!

I got a nice staff from another player that I wanted to try out with a melee/mage hybrid and I thought this would be a good opportunity to try out that combination.

DeathKnight1728
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Has anyone had any luck with wards for the warden. I still cant seem to figure out what i should put points into. Lightning is useless, fire is ok, ice might save you and poison doesnt do what it says. Am i the only one who tried them out?

Jorlen
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Has anyone had any luck with wards for the warden. I still cant seem to figure out what i should put points into. Lightning is useless, fire is ok, ice might save you and poison doesnt do what it says. Am i the only one who tried them out?

I tried them out but didn't really like them.

alstein
01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
A lot of the warden skills seem to have excessive cooldown times, or otherwise underpowered.

icecube
01-03-2011, 11:57 AM
How should the stat distribution be for a mage/melee hybrid?

I've been doing +2 str, +2 dex and +1 vit for my melee characters but I assume I have to add some to int now?