PDA

View Full Version : Frantic questing, other issues

Feral23
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
greatly enjoying DC, best game of it's kind since D2-LOD.

that said (and hi, forum ppl, first post here) can we get some adjustments to the depth of certain critical quests?

for instance, one o my towns has the plague, and my rogue has caught it. now i have to try to dive 9 levels and collect foo-bars, while the town starves, dies of plague, and with the debuff of plague on me...

i enjoy hard games, (dungeon crawl stone soup anyone?) but methinks this aspect of the game could use a little tweaking. Assassins starting further from critical npcs is a great start to making the game more playable,

and im only up to level 23.

my other char is a beginner hunter/necro lich, cooking and raising dead, while sniping- and i heartily second improvements to pet management, healing, and targeting. pausing so much breaks immersion.

alstein
12-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Let's put it this way:

Average level in base game after first dunegon : 3
Average level in expansion : 8

Pacing is a little too fast right now, maybe more then a little.

fiesher
12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah,

I saw the increase in leveling after from the increased number of quests given in the expansion.

The new Rylor Bulls are hardy though and very fast in movement (especially the Elite Version- almost killed me in a big Rylor Swarm), so the increase in levels can help survive their onslaught?

Also, as this is Demon War, the increase in pacing might be to show that the world is now darker and more grim; with many things happening at once, adding to the chaos and confusion of the new age.