PDA

View Full Version : List of Small issues

jakobrogert
12-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Definitely enjoying the expansion. It makes the world yet more dynamic, which is a good thing. And I quite appreciate how small narrative events such as the starvation quest makes it more about struggling for the town's sake.
My first town was hellbent on destruction, as scouts killed most questgivers early on. The second one seems to go better.

Hi, thought I'd share with the bugs I encountered yesterday:
01. My town got the plague. The plague eventually spread to me. But I had never been in town since the plague. Not necessarily a code error, but might not be intentional.

02. In some situations, the damage-returning shield of the warden class did not seem to be effective at all (I did take quite some damage from monsters) when I was standing among plenty of monsters, which makes me wonder if some kind of math in the combat system makes for example defence effective against a limited number of attacks per second or something like that.

03. At normal pace, the going was really hectic and I was often forced to disregard starvation quests from town, for example.

04. The "Evidence" quests should probably explain where to look (in town, not the dungeon) for them to prevent frustration. Since I saw people discussing the evidence quests, I thought I'd suggest that evidence quests in the future could be a question of spotting the NPC when the NPC is doing one of those "secret meetings". Evidence could at least be spawned dungeon-side, to make it less of a fetch quest.

05. At my resolution, the buttons were off (Demon hunter + Hybrid btn at the same place in the character creation GUI).

06. The sounds: Life stealing and the Wardens center weakening+damaging ability both have too distinct sounds. Since those are abilities you may be stuck with for a long time, please make them more subtle. And honestly, I don't gather what the synthesized sound for the warden ability is meant to represent. It's a bit too futuristic in my mind.

07. I've noticed that some skills, such as shield blast, will now bring up a progress bar, which is nice and adds some tactics. Will the progress bar be replaced with animation or is is meant to stay like that?

08. It was never made clear to me how exactly to "pay someone's debts" or feed them.

09. In a similar fashion, I couldn't tell why people started fighting in town.

10. I couldn't sell stuff by holding..shift is it? and clicking it in my inventory. Dragging and dropping worked.

Again, really enjoying the added dynamics and I must say it's rather bug-free for being such a complex system with so many agents interacting.

Big question: Mods, are they broken or should they work out of the box?

PixelLord
12-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Sell or buy stuff by hovering your mouse over an item and tap the spacebar.

Shadow
12-31-2010, 11:29 AM
08. It was never made clear to me how exactly to "pay someone's debts" or feed them.

Big question: Mods, are they broken or should they work out of the box?

I'll add stuff to the game also, but to get someone out of debt just click on them and then hit the donate money button until they no longer have negative money. To feed them just move some food on top of them.

In general mods should work. As usual it just depends on how much and what they change.

torikamal
12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey,
I appreciate the feedback on the audio!
For the Warden's center ability you mean Spirit Strike, right?
Also, which ability are you referring to with Life stealing?

Thanks!

Shadow
12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
07. I've noticed that some skills, such as shield blast, will now bring up a progress bar, which is nice and adds some tactics. Will the progress bar be replaced with animation or is is meant to stay like that?

It should be playing an animation and shouldn't have a progress bar. Do you happen to have any mods installed?

Amberjoy
12-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Trying out with a new character last night I found an empty bottle. From the description it implied you could fill it with oil to make Flaming Oil bottle. Can an empty bottle be filled with other things also? I don't recall these appearing before.

Shadow
12-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Trying out with a new character last night I found an empty bottle. From the description it implied you could fill it with oil to make Flaming Oil bottle. Can an empty bottle be filled with other things also? I don't recall these appearing before.

Yes, oil is just one example.

Caal
12-31-2010, 07:12 PM
I filled one with water and got a water potion (first level mana potion)

Caal
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm standing in a vault (money chests opened already) without walls, but there is a door, and it's locked.

tkirby2003
01-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Enjoying the beta immensely. I have had a few towns where the scouts were coming so fast I couldn't get out of the first level. It was fun but I eventually lost the town.

I have noticed long narrow hallways seem to have the same monsters, poison mushrooms, etc. all the way down them. I tried to run the gauntlet with about 10 or so mushrooms in a row down a hallway. I didn't make it :-).

I am currently having trouble with a quest to destroy the temporal flux machine. I have cleared the dungeon out a few times and cannot find it.

I also finished the Mine Gold Vein quest and the wording seemed off. It said to finish the quest in the dungeon but it finished in town and referred to the npc named Harcourtl as "the Harcourtl" on level 2 but he was in the town.

Kirb

Shadow
01-01-2011, 04:42 PM
I am currently having trouble with a quest to destroy the temporal flux machine. I have cleared the dungeon out a few times and cannot find it.

That could be the standard it's in a secret area issue. If not what is the dungeon called?

tkirby2003
01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
That could be the standard it's in a secret area issue. If not what is the dungeon called?

Scowling Den

Stardusts
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Ok I got a big issue and several small issues after my last town. I mentioned somewhere that I don't like the monster blocking gate feature and now Im sure more people gonna hate it after they read what happened to me. Skip to the end if you don't wanna read the text wall.

Started a new town on fast pace, there are 14 dungeon levels and an overlord with several quests, everything seems to be normal. At lv2 I found a teleporter room that gave me access to gate lv4, 5 and 7. At lv7 I spot a quest boss and kill him, then proceed to take the loots only to step on a floor trap that threw me down lv11. During this time the overlord (at lv14) sent a monster to block the gate at lv10 so I though it was convenient and fought my way back to lv10 gate and kill it. As soon as I killed it and head towards the gate with bags full of loots, the overlord once again created a krall workers rebellion that blocked the lv2 gate. Which I thought was no big deal until I tried to use the gate and couldn't...... then I read the quest log to kill the lv10 gate blocker and realized I cannot use the blocked gate or any gate below!!!!
$(#*)@*%&! was all that ran through my head and I had no choice but started fighting my way back to lv2 as none of the gate between lv14 and lv2 gonna work. Half an hour later I made it back to lv2... and miraculously during this period no town attack occurred although half a dozen bosses and machines were spawn. Finally I got to the gate and killed the blockers then went back to town leaving behind tons of loots ( most of which already gone :( ).
After this everything went smoothly till the end.... Once I killed the overlord (last quest) I head for the gate and saw a "Grave of Loved One" on the way, naturally I click on it to put flowers on and finish that quest. Before I could reach the Warmaster, a quest from a dude dying from hunger came up. I turned my quest in and looked around for him and guess what, he was the one who had the Flowers on Grave quest. After I turned that quest in which gave him money and some happiness, his hunger quest disappeared..... (I guess because hes no longer broke). 10 seconds later I decided to kill the guy :p to see if I would somehow failed that bugged quest but it didn't. And here I am stuck in this town with no quest and have not won. At this point I remember a post from DeathKnight that said he stayed, got another quest done and finished the town. I head back to the dungeons and a war with Death Knights (lol :D) quest came up, I finished it and finally saved the town.
Now where was my teleporter stone you ask? It was gone when I was in lv1.... After I destroyed an altar 3 ancient warriors raided the town. 2 of them head left and right while the 3rd head straight for town center. They frikin' kill everybody in one hit (easily tell when -reputation msg spams over your head...) and even though Im only a few seconds from the entrance I know I don't have that much time ( lost my Steward already) so there goes the stone. 10 of the townspeople in the screenshot died in that single attack. After I killed the one in center and rightside, the entire left side was wiped out. Unfortunately I forgot to take any sc during this entire time, was too focus on the town. Next time Im sure as hell gonna do it, if one ever happen again.

Ok to sum it up: if you are deep down in the dungeon and a lv1 or 2 gate block happens you are screwed without tele stone. NPCs are still too fragile at high level although I love the feature that spawn rescue'able NPCs down in the dungeons to replenish lost town people. Minor bug with hunger NPC and another finished quest on him/her.
On another note, minor issue with the hidden wall in my screenshots. This is the only one that has no difference with normal wall and is impossible to spot unless you wall-hug click the entire level.

DeathKnight1728
01-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I am in a dilemma. I cannot find any adder naga priests to spawn in lvl 2, when it states that is where i have to beat them. Is it possible that maybe they just respawn later than others?

Stardusts
01-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I am in a dilemma. I cannot find any adder naga priests to spawn in lvl 2, when it states that is where i have to beat them. Is it possible that maybe they just respawn later than others?

yep it happens to me pretty often, just go somewhere else for a while and hope the respawns have the monsters you need (fast pace town helps in situation like this).

Amberjoy
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I've come up with a situation I can't figure out. It's driving me crazy! Made new character and was following quests on 1st and 2nd levels and got message that someone had set traps in the town. Came up and found two traps, disarmed one but the other was lava! How do you disarm that at a low level? I've gone all over the town with a fine tooth comb looking for 'evidence', talking to everyone and can't find anything. Mean time the town is starting to starve because someone stole whatever it was (can't recall at the moment) for the second time and its down on 7th level! People are unhappy and no matter how much I donate to them they stay that way. I'm poor too! What do I do? I'm getting so frustrated I want to delete Demon War and go back to the old way! :mad:

edit: Never mind. I finally found some evidence in a corner I couldn't see into. The rest of the time (3 other times so far) the 'evidence' was out in plain sight near the walls. Sigh. It's still annoying all this whining the towns people are doing.

jakobrogert
01-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey,
I appreciate the feedback on the audio!
For the Warden's center ability you mean Spirit Strike, right?
Also, which ability are you referring to with Life stealing?

Thanks!

Well, good to know the feedback is of use!

Yes, Spirit Strike is the one. Life Stealing was given to me through a Totem I believe, why it *might* be only a temporary ability, but I guess you could eventually end up with a class ability or a weapon which has that enhancement.

Balance Issue:
Trying out the demon hunter, I figured the immense shielding ability giving +30 defense might be a bit much. Having given myself that skill, no monster could touch me at my own level. They either didn't hit, or when they did, they did about zero damage. (Well, I guess one of those could be due to heavy armor, but there was quite a big difference from before I picked that skill)

Shield Blast Progress Bar Issue:
Yes, I do have a couple of mods, affecting monsters and players stats, mostly overriding only parts of the base classes, adjusting health and monster's initial attributes.

Character Creation GUI issue:
I'm sorry to admit it, but I realized that was a fault of mine, having a GUI file left in one of my mod zips which really did nothing.

Modding:
I have this problem, having made a mod that makes the game a lot more deadly, by increasing monster toHit & damage (MinDamage/MaxDamage, initial Dexterity & Strength etc), the monsters in the dungeons seem to be finely balanced at the moment, but whenever a "raid" occurs, dumping several monsters into town (for example several "Walking Dead", all those monsters are level 10! Level 10 with my mod sort of makes that event an instant game over when I'm level 4 myself. I've been looking around the quest database file without finding a clear way of modifying the difficulty of monsters spawning. The only property I find is the one affecting their "rarity".

This expansion does so much systemwise to expand the game, it's lovely and quite subtle, but there's so much more to do. Good job!

Amberjoy
01-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Newly found possible bugs. Had 2 quests on 5th level. Teleported down via the gate in town. Saw 1 (one) animated corpse (suppose to kill 3 of them) I killed the one corpse and instantly I had completed the quest! So, I then went on to find "2 small Sand Amorphs" for the other quest. Two were standing next to each other. I hit one of them, killed it and again quest completed! The other still standing so I killed that and just got experience as normal for it. Curious.

This first town for this character is really a bad place. Here's what the map shows the modifiers are:

Undead
Social Town
Clutter
Horror
Slow Pace
Paying Traitors
Missing Food Shipment (*twice so far!)
Ice Machine
Anti-Magic Machine

icecube
01-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Are the gathering quests (the ones added during the course of the game) more likely to be in the lowest dungeon than in other dungeons?

In my first game on my new hybrid, I had 4 gathering quests for the 13th dungeon (lowest dungeon). Unfortunately, it was a rather small dungeon and getting all the materials took me over an hour. The Naga Priests didn't help the process. Two of the quests needed drops from them and they dropped items 1/4 of the time and didn't spawn very often.

Caal
01-02-2011, 08:36 AM
The attached shot shows three townies standing out in the open (not wandering) without houses.

PixelLord
01-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Newly found possible bugs. Had 2 quests on 5th level. Teleported down via the gate in town. Saw 1 (one) animated corpse (suppose to kill 3 of them) I killed the one corpse and instantly I had completed the quest! So, I then went on to find "2 small Sand Amorphs" for the other quest. Two were standing next to each other. I hit one of them, killed it and again quest completed! The other still standing so I killed that and just got experience as normal for it. Curious.

It's also possible that you killed a few of those monster types earlier (before you accepted those quests) and got credit for those, which is why you only had to kill one (you'd killed 2 earlier). Maybe? Could be a bug though.

And try not to get too frustrated. This is a beta, so your comments are very important and will/may lead to changes in the final version. Thanks for all your comments as they will help. :)

Ghost Matter
01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure these two are normal behavior from before expansion.

- When I get a rescue quest for one guy, I find at least 2 other people that I have to rescue, often grouped up in the same room!
- When creating a town and saving+exiting, it doesn't save the quests taken(in my journal) unless I modify my equipment. Sometimes it still doesn't save them, even after completing one quest.

Shadow
01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Ok to sum it up: if you are deep down in the dungeon and a lv1 or 2 gate block happens you are screwed without tele stone.

Hmm, that is a problem and more drastic than I had intended. I might make it so if you use a gate that is blocked in that manner that it teleports you up as far as it can instead of doing nothing.

- When I get a rescue quest for one guy, I find at least 2 other people that I have to rescue, often grouped up in the same room!

That's probably a prison special room (although there is a bug spawning special rooms in random places).

Ghost Matter
01-02-2011, 01:13 PM
That's probably a prison special room (although there is a bug spawning special rooms in random places).
Yeah, but the original person from the first quest is not even with them...

- I have 13 spiders to squash, that is FAAAAR too much running around. Especially with other quests appearing or advancing.
- I saw a spider run out the town walls before I could get it... (EDIT: Saw another go right through the town wall.

- There's a buried treasure unreachable, just beyond a wall. No secret rooms at all.

FloodSpectre
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
These issues aren't specific to Demon War, but I thought I'd mention them anyway.

First off, Madfury's icon displays a double bladed axe, but the model for the item looks more like a bearded axe on a long haft. Second, it seems weird to me that Pike Axes are one-handed weapons, though the only pike axe I have at the moment is the Saurian Slasher, so it might just be that one.

icecube
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
When you use Acid Dripping Weapon, your weapon is on fire like if you used a Flaming Weapon. Would be cool if it could glow green or something.

Amberjoy
01-05-2011, 04:53 PM
It's also possible that you killed a few of those monster types earlier (before you accepted those quests) and got credit for those, which is why you only had to kill one (you'd killed 2 earlier). Maybe? Could be a bug though.

And try not to get too frustrated. This is a beta, so your comments are very important and will/may lead to changes in the final version. Thanks for all your comments as they will help. :)

Humm, didn't think of the kill before credit. I'm frustrated because of all the ..crap.. going on in the town. I'm starving! I'm in debt! The food supply got stolen, the water supply got stolen (over and over). don't they realize I need the money too? :) It's the tension for the most part I can't take. Makes my blood pressure go up and doctor told me to cool it with that kind of gaming. Sigh :( I may have to delete the Demon War and just play regular game with the mod that keeps town from being attacked. :mad:

PixelLord
01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Humm, didn't think of the kill before credit. I'm frustrated because of all the ..crap.. going on in the town. I'm starving! I'm in debt! The food supply got stolen, the water supply got stolen (over and over). don't they realize I need the money too? :) It's the tension for the most part I can't take. Makes my blood pressure go up and doctor told me to cool it with that kind of gaming. Sigh :( I may have to delete the Demon War and just play regular game with the mod that keeps town from being attacked. :mad:

Amberjoy, did you get that last patch a few days ago? It toned down the town stuff a great deal, and it made it so you don't get inundated with so many quests.

If you didn't, there's another patch due out tomorrow. If you can get it installed correctly (ask your son?), it may help with your BP. :) Also, on the Setup World screen (when you're starting a new world/town), you could select "Slow pace" or "Very slow pace" which should calm down the world a bit. Also there's a "World Size" selection on that screen too where you can make the dungeon have fewer levels (this should be working in the next patch due out tomorrow).

I'd sure hate for you to have to give it up over a BP issue.

Amberjoy
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Amberjoy, did you get that last patch a few days ago? It toned down the town stuff a great deal, and it made it so you don't get inundated with so many quests.

If you didn't, there's another patch due out tomorrow. If you can get it installed correctly (ask your son?), it may help with your BP. :) Also, on the Setup World screen (when you're starting a new world/town), you could select "Slow pace" or "Very slow pace" which should calm down the world a bit. Also there's a "World Size" selection on that screen too where you can make the dungeon have fewer levels (this should be working in the next patch due out tomorrow).

I'd sure hate for you to have to give it up over a BP issue.

I think I have beta 1.012(??) set up at the moment. And I always play on slow pace. :) I might have to try very slow. I've had to limit myself to playing for around an hour at a time, which I told Shadow in private. I have to do this with other games too. Sigh :( Well, rpg types. Solitare and Mahjong and Parcheesi (sp?) I can play more. :) but that gets boring after a while. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Shadow
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I think I have beta 1.012(??) set up at the moment. And I always play on slow pace. :) I might have to try very slow. I've had to limit myself to playing for around an hour at a time, which I told Shadow in private. I have to do this with other games too. Sigh :( Well, rpg types. Solitare and Mahjong and Parcheesi (sp?) I can play more. :) but that gets boring after a while. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I don't know if it will make it into 1.013 but I'm pretty sure I'm going to add some pace type choices for the NPCs also soon.

Amberjoy
01-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't know if it will make it into 1.013 but I'm pretty sure I'm going to add some pace type choices for the NPCs also soon.

Thanks, that would be appreciated. :) I'll watch the change listings for when you do.