PDA

View Full Version : NPC Dress up

jeremyosborne
12-31-2010, 12:20 PM
This has a lot of potential, not to mention how funny it would be to make the Warmaster wear a giant helmet with devil horns.

Questions:

1) When the "NPC equip screen" is open, is there a way to switch the mouseover comparison dialog boxes from comparing my inventory to comparing that of the NPCs dialog? I see the NPC Equip Screen as a special state, with special rules.

1a) Since the equip NPC view is a special state, I think it would be good to disable the normal usage of the right click. Even if the right click equip is not disabled, I don't think that NPCs should ever be equipped with a right click. It's too confusing, too easy to potentially lose an item. Then again, equipping NPCs could be important in the long term, maybe we need a new hot key for equipping them?

2) In the equip view, would it be possible to show what restrictions the NPCs have? I idiotically tried to equip Mail armor on the warmaster a couple of times before realizing that he couldn't wear the armor.

3) Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to equip better weapons on NPCs?

4) Can I make Din wear a dress?

5) I only kid in #4.

6) Since we can't make Din wear a dress, can we maybe donate items to him? Some games use the term "sacrifice" where items are sacrificed to one's god for a different reward than the normal coin provided from direct sale to vendors.

Shadow
12-31-2010, 12:31 PM
2) In the equip view, would it be possible to show what restrictions the NPCs have? I idiotically tried to equip Mail armor on the warmaster a couple of times before realizing that he couldn't wear the armor.

3) Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to equip better weapons on NPCs?

The biggest restriction is cloth.

No, you can't change their weapons.

FloodSpectre
12-31-2010, 12:34 PM
You can also sell items to vendors while viewing their equipment.

DeathKnight1728
01-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Jeremy Osborne-4) Can i make din wear a dress?

Actually it would be pretty funny if you could put a dress and barbarian helmet on din. It would really make those crazy towns feel crazy.

jeremyosborne
01-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Jeremy Osborne-4) Can i make din wear a dress?

Actually it would be pretty funny if you could put a dress and barbarian helmet on din. It would really make those crazy towns feel crazy.

If I could do that, I'd also want to rename Din to Eddie Izzard ;)

FloodSpectre
01-02-2011, 11:54 AM
When equipping NPCs it tells us we can only equip them with cloth armor, but they're also able to wear leather if you give it to them.

Delilah Rehm
01-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Don't take away the leather!!! *please?* :p

At least let the quest givers keep the leather... (And that's my 2 cents.)

FloodSpectre
01-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh, I agree, they need to wear that leather! Much better durability that way, to be sure. I was mostly just commenting on the wording, not suggesting they actually only wear cloth armor :)

jeremyosborne
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh, I agree, they need to wear that leather! Much better durability that way, to be sure. I was mostly just commenting on the wording, not suggesting they actually only wear cloth armor :)

Perhaps at least a graded, or caste system, for the NPCs.

Plate, or at least mail, for the Warmaster
Mail, or at least leather, for all of the merchant NPCs.
Townspeople could get cloth. They're peasants after all ;)