PDA

View Full Version : Soldak Interlocking Game System

vau0807
05-17-2014, 10:06 PM
The old Omnitrend series Breach and Rules of Engagement featured their Interlocking Game System. If you owned and installed both Breach 2 and Rules of Engagement, then Rules of Engagement tactical battles would be resolved by auto-launching Breach 2 from within Rules of Engagement.

Din, Drox, and Zombies practically begs for something similar. For example, suppose you are playing a Drox standard campaign. You get a message about Orcs causing trouble on a particular planet. You visit the planet, click an interface button, then auto-launch Din. Or, you get a message that zombies have infested a planet, so you visit the planet and Drox auto-launches Zombies.

This would be a fascinating feature for players and a compelling loyalty reward for Soldak customers.

Shadow
05-19-2014, 02:00 PM
I've actually thought about that before. It would be really cool, but probably way too difficult to pull off (at least in our case). I didn't know that someone had actually done something like that before though, the closest thing I knew of was Might & Magic 4 & 5.