PDA

View Full Version : Din's data storage...

m0stly_harmless
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
*stretch*

It's been a while. Lots has happened since...

Mainly an OS crash.

Usually an OS crash doesn't take much with it at my end cause I have everything on partitions.

The one thing I couldn't move (and failed to recover) was my characters for Din's.

The inability to control where the character data is stored is now a sore issue with me. All that loot. All that gold... All that damn work. *POOF* Gone. :mad:

Din's Curse stores it's data in three locations (that I've found). Two of which we have no control over (application data & user data) and then the game's install directory.

I petition that we get an option to chose where the character data & game settings is stored (along with the installation path, which we already have) - or at the very least, keep all the stuff in the game's own directory. This way here, for those of us who keep the Windows crap seperate from our good stuff, we can at least save our hard work when Windows decides it's time for an impromptu vacation.

Thank you.

Maledictus
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I sort of second this. The current location in XP for DC data (chars) is rather ... well hidden for most users. Why not put that in My Documents, that way it's more likely to find its way into backups.