PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

scherbina
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know if a multiplayer mod to be expected as an official release or as modded release? And is it even possible without the growing world & npc collitions between 2 games?

Jedi_Learner
12-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I guess it depends on how well Depths of Peril is doing, profit wise. Shadow hopes to add multiplayer support in a possible expansion pack though. (Ref) (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125&highlight=multiplayer#post125)

Delilah Rehm
12-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Steven and I want multiplayer. That has never been a question. We've talked about the next secret project for the company, and it would also benefit from multiplayer, so...

I think it's likely Soldak's engine will end up with multiplayer sometime in the near future, and Depths of Peril will get it too. However, I must disclaim that the world is crazy and anything could happen between now and the near future that could change things. I can't promise it, no matter how likely it is. This is mainly an FYI update as to where we are on the muliplayer issue right now, which is to say, it's still in the meeting stage and it's looking good.

Sayen
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Multiplayer would be nice indeed, at least to some extend.
Sadly I got DoP from reflexive and it is also at version 1.003
So I need to check how I can combine the coming expansion(s...hint hint :) ) with the version I have.
But first of all give us different icons for the own house and both genders for the classes... and an 'instant kill hotfix for Ciglio! :)