PDA

View Full Version : Animations & Time

Baki
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
If you use a skill with 1.5 sec time (like whirlwind) you have to wait 1.5 sec till you can cast it again. However whirlwind will do its damage long before the 1.5 sec are over. If you use another skill right after whirlwind has done its dmg the new skill gets executed immediatly. This can be repeated forever. I tested this with whirlwind and cleave. if you use them both after each other you can cast 1 of them every ~0.55 sec and more than double your dps.

i havent tested this with other skills yet but i guess it will work for many others.

is this intended?

icecube
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I always thought it was intended, and hope it is. :o

Roswitha
01-03-2011, 01:04 AM
I reported it as a possible bug a few weeks ago. If it's still around, maybe it's intentional?

Nobear
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Oh that's nice, I'll have to test it out. I am still deprogramming my mind from its WoW days. I guess that encourages play with a range of moves rather than putting everything into one.

icecube
01-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Ah I have the opposite mindset from another game. I don't remember which... but it 'encouraged' doing things like this; using another skill after the first to cancel animation or cooldown so you can use skills faster.

Jules Winnfield
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
This occurs in v1.010 as well. You can continually cancel (>) skill after skill without mana penalties (however, the skill you allow to hit will consume mana). eg: Whirlwind, Perfect Strike > Whirlwind, Perfect Strike > Whirlwind etc etc, without letting PS animate much and everything dies. You can also "cancel" auto-attack but instead letting it hit then casting WW or another attack skill and chain further from that. It's fun and comboey but things can die ridiculously fast (PerfStrike, PowStrike > PerfStrike, PowStrike > PerfStrike). At lvl 20/21 I managed to complete a lvl 26 starting town (Champion) without much difficulty and at lvl ~24 able to at least kill a few lvl 50 before getting melted.

I'd like to know if this is intended or not; my continued usage of this feature and/or bug case depending.

DeathKnight1728
02-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Whatever you do dont get rid of this, most of my builds depend on it, plus melee gets very few perks compared to ranged and magic.

Shadow
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Well it's not intended. I haven't decided whether to fix it or not though.

DeathKnight1728
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
I really hope this does not get fixed. For characters that dont have aoe attacks in melee (rogue), this is crucial. Without it, you might as well give casters 4 times more casting time, cause thats the kind of kick to the junk that would be. Melee is very hard, and especially in the later levels. At that point its almost suicidal and especially suicidal for squishy characters.

Max_Powers
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I also request that it not be fixed. I really don't see what is wrong with someone putting all points into one big skill or dividing them and using both/multiples. I also enjoy the comboey feel and actually wish you could get some sort of a bonus from chaining skills.

I have a level 54 paladin/weaponmaster that I have really enjoyed using Perfect Strike and Holy Smite out and back. Will eventually start using whirlwind also. I should have already but I only recently started using it with another character.

I don't have much time and have to go, but I can write more on the subject later, if need be.

Bak
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I really hope this does not get fixed. For characters that dont have aoe attacks in melee (rogue), this is crucial. Without it, you might as well give casters 4 times more casting time, cause thats the kind of kick to the junk that would be.

I suspect that this "feature" applies to most spell skills as well as the combat skills, so any fix would probably hinder spellcasters too.

DeathKnight1728
02-11-2011, 09:51 PM
I also request that it not be fixed. I really don't see what is wrong with someone putting all points into one big skill or dividing them and using both/multiples. I also enjoy the comboey feel and actually wish you could get some sort of a bonus from chaining skills.

I have a level 54 paladin/weaponmaster that I have really enjoyed using Perfect Strike and Holy Smite out and back. Will eventually start using whirlwind also. I should have already but I only recently started using it with another character.

I don't have much time and have to go, but I can write more on the subject later, if need be.

Oh thats cool. How is that paladin/weaponmaster going, i remember you've been working on that build for a while. When you make it to 100, you gotta post the stats. Im not sure which build will have a higher dps, the reaver/weaponmaster or the build you have. I think the build you have is better though because more life and a shield.

Max_Powers
02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh thats cool. How is that paladin/weaponmaster going, i remember you've been working on that build for a while. When you make it to 100, you gotta post the stats. Im not sure which build will have a higher dps, the reaver/weaponmaster or the build you have. I think the build you have is better though because more life and a shield.

Actually, it has been on the shelf for some time now. I have been playing a trickster/necromancer(which was your suggestion, of course) and I have it up to level 71. The necro is good fun, and I believe that there are two really effective ways to be a necro. One, is to be a healer, and the other is to be a trickster. I have been wanting to post the necro's stats and may do that this weekend.

For the paladin, he got to the point where gear was becoming an issue. He was the highest character that I had at the time, but now the necro has found a few goodies that my pally can grow into. So, maybe now I can get the DPS back up there and hopefully not die as much. While using bravery, my defense at times would allow like a 16% chance to be hit, but somehow it seems like I was getting hit waaaay more often than that and I didn't have enough armor to back it up. Also, there have been recent changes to armor absorption, so that should help.

I have also been playing a trickster/weaponmaster which is just amazingly powerful at around level 25.