PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Nobear
01-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Since there is now a typos thread and a bugs thread for Demon War, I figure I'd make a master suggestions thread to continue keeping things organized.

My first new suggestion is to make the bug Infestation quest work with the bugs in the dungeon as well as above ground. Even when we'd have 3 or more players and I was on above-ground duty, bugs were very scarce; and when we were done except for that quest, I'd call for everyone on bug duty, and it would still take us a while. It would make sense for squishing bugs below ground to be of help as well. Another option is to make that quest optional. It's not nearly as bad as Invasion Mode, but it's problematic in a similar way at the moment.

Aet
01-03-2011, 01:44 AM
We already have an Infestation quest underground... it's called Uprising. :p

But yeah, Infestation quests can get seriously annoying. Consider making it optional or much, much more likely for a fellow townie NPC to solve it in a short amount of time. I mean, they're aboveground almost all the time anyhow... easy buck for any townie that's currently broke/starving, right?

Feral23
01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
This is somewhat meta, but imho this game deserves more notoriety- like Blizzard - level promotion, or at least the cult classic status of Dwarf Fortress.

how this may be achieved is partially up to Soldak, but fans play a part also.

I want to see dozens of servers up, Battlenet style!

Kudos; Keep up the good work...

icecube
01-03-2011, 02:18 AM
My first new suggestion is to make the bug Infestation quest work with the bugs in the dungeon as well as above ground. Even when we'd have 3 or more players and I was on above-ground duty, bugs were very scarce; and when we were done except for that quest, I'd call for everyone on bug duty, and it would still take us a while. It would make sense for squishing bugs below ground to be of help as well. Another option is to make that quest optional. It's not nearly as bad as Invasion Mode, but it's problematic in a similar way at the moment.

I figured out how we finished the infestation quest that first time. We had 7 bugs left and you killed them all within a couple seconds with your mage spells. I just tried it on my new fire mage hybrid and the Fire Maelstorm squashes bugs.
Not sure if that's intentional, but it sure makes it faster. I just used it in random places in town and it squashes at least 1 bug.

Aet
01-03-2011, 03:16 AM
The new "Level Clear" announcement is great, but less than clear when in the midst of a multiplayer game. Please add the level number to it.

Shadow
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
This is somewhat meta, but imho this game deserves more notoriety- like Blizzard - level promotion, or at least the cult classic status of Dwarf Fortress.

how this may be achieved is partially up to Soldak, but fans play a part also.

This is a bug, it will be fixed in version 1.013. :)

Sinister Stairs
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't mind a "No Drama" option to disable townies bitchin & whinin. :D

Bak
01-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I figured out how we finished the infestation quest that first time. We had 7 bugs left and you killed them all within a couple seconds with your mage spells. I just tried it on my new fire mage hybrid and the Fire Maelstorm squashes bugs.
Not sure if that's intentional, but it sure makes it faster. I just used it in random places in town and it squashes at least 1 bug.

Suggestion for the next patch: Unhappy town folk due to watching their houses being burned down by the bug exterminators. :p

I wouldn't mind a "No Drama" option to disable townies bitchin & whinin. :D

There is already a button for that: "fight". To quote the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, "dead men tell no tales". :D

FloodSpectre
01-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd like to see the conflict between demonkind and the undead become more apparent. It's there in the background and you see the battles here and there between the undead and demons, but I haven't seen any quests that really play off that conflict (yet). Typically demons are considered fairly intelligent, so perhaps we could see more in the way of demonic NPC interaction; maybe a Rylor wants me to annihilate some undead totems, or a lich needs me to destroy the demon gates. I know these types of quests already exist, but it'd be interesting to see more that are specific to different species of monsters and with a direct connection to their enemies.

Roswitha
01-03-2011, 08:32 PM
If a puddle is caused by dripping water (as opposed to melting ice or a steam vent), could you show the ripples forming?