PDA

View Full Version : More Summons For Wizards

rainbow
01-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I am enjoying Din's curse with the expansion pack. Thank you for the great game.

Would you please add an elemental summon for ice mages and another summons for the Magician? If not, what are the steps I would need to take to do it myself? I enjoy summoning monsters to do my bidding.

Thank you.

DeathKnight1728
01-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the forums. The modding thread is on the main din curse page. If you are looking for a hybrid with magician or icemage in mind, i can offer a few combinations.

Magician/Warlock is a decent way to go. With blinding flash as a last resort and first strike for your minions you can be very deadly. Furies at high levels get very powerful with their ability to stun and you can even summon 5 or 6 of them. On top of that the magic attack spell that you get as a magician at 6 skill points is very good as you get quite a few of them. With furies, blinding flash, demon mastery, and evade you should be able to hold your own with the monsters of the deep. Magician/necromancer should work pretty good too, but i havent played it.

Shaman/necromancer or Shaman/warlock-Talk about awesome. This build allows you to quadruple your life, your summons life and anyone elses making your summons last a hell of a long time even later on. The build even comes with some fire spells from the shaman side and a last resort healing spell that instantly heals a lot of life back for no cost. If you play this with the warlock/shaman and use a chaos lord then you can make him a real beast.

Icemage can also go with either warlock or necromancer.

Shadow
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Once you figured out the basics of modding from the mod sdk, making a different summon spell wouldn't be too hard. You would just need to change one of the lines in skillTrees.gdb, add your new summon spell which would look really similar to one of the other summons (see skills.gdb), and that's about it.